I don't really use stocks, weather, voice memos, or itunes.
    Same here, I don't use the notes either
    10-01-2009 04:42 PM
    stocks
    thats about it
    10-01-2009 05:13 PM
    I'd say stocks and the weather app (WeatherEye is amazing.)

Contacts App - Not sure why this is even here, looks like it provides "duplicate functionality" to me with what's in "Phone"; lulz Apple.
    Maybe you should consider that the iPod Touch doesn't have a Phone, and that they share the same firmware...
    10-07-2009 11:32 AM
    Have never used stocks to this day.. including my 3G
    10-07-2009 12:14 PM
    Have never used stocks to this day.. including my 3G
    Never opened it once? Just to check it out?
    10-07-2009 02:58 PM
    I don't use voice memos much.

I use notes often, and I access the stocks once a day just to see where the Dow Jones is going. I like the clock (use it for timing meat I have on the bbq).

Since I'm one of those guys who hates talking on the telephone and would much prefer email or text, I much prefer to access everything through the contacts feature, not through the phone. That way I pull up my contact and decide how I want to get a hold of them, or to get their fax number or alternate email or whatever else I need. Besides, I put a lot of my vendors, clients, and stores in there so I can add notes such as their hours, preferences, etc. I find it better for me than accessing through the phone's directory.

YMMV
    10-07-2009 03:11 PM
    Voice memos and compass
    God, I hope you are kidding. I know the compass to use as an actual compass is not very useful, but the ability to have the compass in the phone allows for some crazy geo-physical and directional apps to be developed. Yelp's Monocle feature is just a baby-step example of the things to come. No, compass is very necessary, IMHO.
    10-07-2009 03:14 PM
    1.Stocks
    2.Calender
    3.Voice Memos
    4.iTunes
    11-15-2009 09:03 PM
    iTunes - Never use this.. will my phone explode if i open this app?? LOL just kidding..
    Stocks - Rarely open this app...
    11-28-2009 10:31 AM
    Stocks....
    11-28-2009 11:37 AM
    I think I've only opened Voice Memo's one time, I forgot all about it.
    11-28-2009 11:46 AM
    I'd probably say weather. I've jotted down the occasional note, and I've used the voice memo when my wife mentions something we need at the store (but would always forget since it's a "comment in passing" thing). I have two 3rd party weather apps that I use. Don't know the last time I opened up the native weather app.
    11-28-2009 11:54 AM
    stocks, compass, calculator

I cant believe how many dont use search! I love it!
    11-29-2009 10:01 AM
    Stocks
    Clocks
    Contacts
    Voice Memos
    Weather [ horrible ]
    11-29-2009 04:30 PM
    Stocks
    Contacts
    Weather
    iTunes
    11-29-2009 04:54 PM
    Definitely contacts. Why is that its own application? I only access it from phone. Also voice memos has rarely been opened.
    11-30-2009 07:40 PM
    1. iTunes - I live in Slovakia. We dont have iTunes here. Only App Store and iTunes U
    2. Stocks - I really don't see any purpose for it
    3. Clock - erm... The alarms sound only if the iPhone is on. Really "useful" for morning waking. I need my battery for better purpose.
    12-01-2009 01:55 PM
    I'd say the Spotlight Search. The only time I see that screen is when I hit the Home button too many times by accident.
    12-01-2009 04:30 PM
    This is my first post to any blog in the history of the universe, so I purposefully chose an easy one. Stocks. Hey! I have no money and am never likely to have any to invest, especially on Social Security. :o
    12-01-2009 06:14 PM
    Stocks. I should probably get more involved with the market...
    12-02-2009 11:48 AM
    I'd say stocks and the weather app (WeatherEye is amazing.)

Maybe you should consider that the iPod Touch doesn't have a Phone, and that they share the same firmware...
    True. However , that doesn't mean they have to mirror the same apps. For example the music and video apps on the iPodT vs just the iPod app on the iPhone.

I agree that the contacts serves as a duplicate app but I suppose it has faster access to contacts. It's one less click but I guess.
    12-04-2009 12:23 AM
    Phone - I don't use my Iphone for calls, Have a small LG phone on Verizon that is very reliable. Got about 4000 roll over minutes backed up - would use in an emergency

Messages, No need for that stuff - rather talk than type - on Verizon

Stocks - Don't care

You tube - Why?

Calculator - No need

Voice memos - Its there but I have never used it

My reason for switching to Iphone from Blackberry Bold is the apps
    12-04-2009 06:43 PM
    I don't use:

*Stocks
    *Voice Memos (how could this even be useful unless you were just doing memos of yourself?)
    *Clock.

I LOVE all the other native apps. Especially YouTube and notes! The maps app seriously needs some more features.
    12-06-2009 01:33 PM
    Phone - I don't use my Iphone for calls, Have a small LG phone on Verizon that is very reliable. Got about 4000 roll over minutes backed up - would use in an emergency

Messages, No need for that stuff - rather talk than type - on Verizon

Stocks - Don't care

You tube - Why?

Calculator - No need

Voice memos - Its there but I have never used it

My reason for switching to Iphone from Blackberry Bold is the apps
    Why wouldn't you just get an ipod touch then?
    12-06-2009 01:34 PM
    I do not use Stocks, You Tube, and Voice Memos.
    I also wish there was a way to remove them...
    12-08-2009 11:13 AM
170 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD