• 3-5GB I love this interwebs thing!!

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • 5GB or more ATT frequently sends me threatening letters

Votes: 5 5.5%

• Total voters

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I use around 2G. Sometimes more. Sometimes less. I do not teather. I too think 2G is no small amount, because I get emails all day and surf a good bit night.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@Brickman.. how many emails can you possibly get?? Emails wouldn't even contribute to a large number like 2GB.. and web surfing doesn't do that.. it just doesn't O_O

I only end up using about 200mb a month unless I have to tether my computer like I did today when I installed windows 7 and my internet wasnt working.. XD
Also one time my bandwidth ran out on my home internet and I didnt wanna get any extra charges so I tethered to finish (1GB of) my download of 30 Rock season 3.. great show!! 6GB of data comes in handy sometimes.. oh thank thee lord of Rogers.. XD

Anyway I agree the tiers should be lower in the poll :/ And the caption "I hardly use it" does not adequately describe someone who uses less than 2GB of data.. 95% of people use 500mb or less. :p

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
@Brickman.. how many emails can you possibly get?? Emails wouldn't even contribute to a large number like 2GB.. and web surfing doesn't do that.. it just doesn't O_O

Honestly I do not check it that much. It is Unlimited so why bother.;) The last time I checked my iPhone said 1.6G used. Now I do more than just email. I surf a lot with my iPhone. My iPhone has turned into my Netbook. Infact it has replaced my Laptop on almost all my overnight trips. But yes a I get a lot of emails. I do not bother to count.:rolleyes: The big thing about my emails is that they all have rather large attachments with them. They are not just pithy sentences. It is more like look at this pdf or long doc. Understand that I use my iPhone as a Business device. It is my main contact for all of my business. I use it just as much as I use my iMac if not more. It is also my main business phone#. The record for Voice minutes used this year for me is over 5,000 in a single month.

I get my money's worth out of my iPhone!:D

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Most are probably from 100-200MBs and I hardly consider that not using it.

I used about 170MBs last month, but that's because I also have a BlackBerry line which brings my total over 200MBs.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Honestly I do not check it that much. It is Unlimited so why bother.;) The last time I checked my iPhone said 1.6G used. Now I do more than just email. I surf a lot with my iPhone. My iPhone has turned into my Netbook. Infact it has replaced my Laptop on almost all my overnight trips. But yes a I get a lot of emails. I do not bother to count.:rolleyes: The big thing about my emails is that they all have rather large attachments with them. They are not just pithy sentences. It is more like look at this pdf or long doc. Understand that I use my iPhone as a Business device. It is my main contact for all of my business. I use it just as much as I use my iMac if not more. It is also my main business phone#. The record for Voice minutes used this year for me is over 5,000 in a single month.

I get my money's worth out of my iPhone!:D

That's all find and dandy but if you don't manually reset that bandwidth counter every month, that's not your monthly usage, that's your usage since you got the phone :p Most people use it a LOT when they first get it so that's understandable. XD

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
That's all find and dandy but if you don't manually reset that bandwidth counter every month, that's not your monthly usage, that's your usage since you got the phone :p Most people use it a LOT when they first get it so that's understandable. XD

I was thinking the same... the counter needs to be reset on the start of the new cycle (12midnight) and check at the end (12midnight).

The invoice shows true usage.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I was thinking the same... the counter needs to be reset on the start of the new cycle (12midnight) and check at the end (12midnight).

The invoice shows true usage.

Y'all are correct. My bad. Looking at the wrong thing.:eek: I told you I did noy pay attention to it that much.:p

I looked back at some old bills and I averaged only 285MB over the last 5 months. Probably would be higher if I did not use WiFi as much as I do at night, but I would NOT be near 2G/month.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
I use about 350MB a month and the wife is pushing 400MB+. Mainly Youtube, streaming radio, some games, Maps, Where, Yelp, iDisk for MobileMe, App store, email (with picture attachments) and Safari.

I keep thinking I use a lot more, but I barely seem to be scratching the surface of 5GB.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Me

Last month I used 1.3 gb ,i consider myself a heavy user, so I agree that just putting "under 2gb" in the poll is wrong cause you have different categories under 2gb..... My roomate averages 1.8g a month, he is in you tube all the time.
My wife uses about 60 mb

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I just looked at last month's bill. I used 470MB. I surf allot as well as send a lot of pictures via Email and MMS. I also love watching full episodes of TV shows on NBC.com! :D

mikenyc2

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
I just checked and I am averaging 2.5 Gb per month. And that is streaming audio (Simplify), Slingplayer (about an hour every weekday during lunch) (yes, I am using it over 3G. I am jailbroken, screw at&t. haha), and Orb for videos.

And with all that, only 2.5GB a month. But as I said I only watch videos or TV/Tivo about 1 hour (lunchtime) every weekday.

I stream music ALOT tho.

tealeafx

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
I've never exceeded 300MB a month, which is a good thing since my plan only allows 500MB before additional charges apply. Most of the time I'm in the office so wifi takes over.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2