purchasing iphone tonight, your opinons/advice needed

Mattsworld

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
ok guys, I have a couple questions for you and your opinions/advice is needed. I'm going to be purchasing an iphone tonight via online order. Through my employer I get access to their premium site and have a couple different options.

For reference, I currently own a storm and ipod touch(1g 8gb) and just can't take it anymore. I just need something that works 100% of the time without having to carry around 2 devices.

That being said, through my employer I get 2yr pricing for 1yr contracts. It currently shows the iphone 3g 8gb(refurb) at $49 and the 16gb(refurb) at $99. The Iphone 3gs 16gb is the usual $199. My question, is buying the 3g and not the 3gs something I will regret later on? I know comming from a storm the 3g will be alot better, but I'm sure in the back of my mind I'll always be wanting the 3gs. What are your opinons? is the extra $150 worth it?

Next question, will all the apps/tv shows/audio books..etc I have for my itouch be able to go over to an iphone without having to purchase them again?

Does the iphone 3g or 3gs have a different connection than an itouch or will my car fm transmitter/charger work with the iphone too?

I use td ameritrade to trade stocks and the storm app is actually pretty decent. Does the iphone app have a real time ticker for up to date pricing?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Your apps will not transfer over but you will be able to tranfer your media.

The 3gs is twice as fast as the 3g so yes IMO it is well worth the extra money for that alone. Not to mention better camera, video capabilities, and voice control.

And I have no idea about the ticker thingy.

These are my opinions only. But I hope it has helped with your decision

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
That being said, through my employer I get 2yr pricing for 1yr contracts. It currently shows the iphone 3g 8gb(refurb) at $49 and the 16gb(refurb) at $99. The Iphone 3gs 16gb is the usual $199. My question, is buying the 3g and not the 3gs something I will regret later on? I know comming from a storm the 3g will be alot better, but I'm sure in the back of my mind I'll always be wanting the 3gs. What are your opinons? is the extra $150 worth it?
Yes!

Next question, will all the apps/tv shows/audio books..etc I have for my itouch be able to go over to an iphone without having to purchase them again?
Yes.

Does the iphone 3g or 3gs have a different connection than an itouch or will my car fm transmitter/charger work with the iphone too?
They might be slightly different as far as the way they are held. Otherwise, they utilize the same dock connector in order to charge, etc.

I use td ameritrade to trade stocks and the storm app is actually pretty decent. Does the iphone app have a real time ticker for up to date pricing?
There is a pretty nice stock Stocks app. If you search TD Ameritrade in the App store you will find a few apps. Might want to check then out on your iPod Touch.

Mattsworld

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the help chops, wow so the apps I have purchased from my computer on itunes and installed on itouch will not be able to be used on my new iphone? Thats a huge let down =/ I probably have $100 in apps alone, I would rather not have to purchase again. darn.

Mattsworld

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
jamesus, thanks for your input. Getting a couple different directions on the apps, previous poster said apps wont transfer?? On the fm transmitter, my main concern is it's a griffin I use to listen to my ipod over my radio in my car. I spent roughly 80 bucks on it..lol

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site

if you are referring to istockmanager, then yes, it is available in app store as well.

there is a difference of day and night between ISM that is available on storm and the one on iphone. (i used to own a storm as well).

there are tons of other stock apps that i am sure u will find very very helpful. You can't go wrong switching from that POS storm to iphone 3GS.

Mattsworld

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the help everyone. One other question, is there a way besides burning a dvd/cd to backup downloaded apps/tunes..etc from itunes?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I stand somewhat corrected. If you are not syncing your apps to your iPod then you can transfer apps over to the phone. But , correct me if I am wrong again, you cannot have the apps on both devices?!?!?

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Yes, you can have apps on both an iPod and an iPhone. I have both a touch 2nd Gen and a iPhone 3GS and can sync them both to my iTunes account.

I do use a lot of free apps, so maybe that is why, not sure.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Now I am really curious. Can you really transfer apps over?? I was under the impression that you can't share them between two devices????

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Now I am really curious. Can you really transfer apps over?? I was under the impression that you can't share them between two devices????

As long as your using the same iTunes account on the computer and all devices you can use apps you buy on as many iPod Touches and iPhones as you want. Each device syncs independently of the others.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Pretty sure you can sync the same apps onto 5 devices with the same iTunes account.

I don't think there is a limit with how many devices you can sync with. But there is a 5 device limit with how devices can be logged in with the same iTunes account.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, if you can only sync the same apps (purchased once on a single iTunes account) to devices on the same iTunes account, and you can only have 5 devices on the same iTunes account....seems like you can sync the same app to 5 devices. Unless I am missing something.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73