You always see NEGATIVE things posted 10x more then good thing.

Going on a couple weeks now. With NO screen protector and not a mark on it. Anyone else in good shape with the new screen?
    Last edited by wsaund; 08-17-2009 at 12:52 PM.
    08-17-2009 12:39 PM
    Had my phone since launch day and no scratches here. And I work in a weld shop.
    08-17-2009 12:46 PM
    Had my phone since launch day and no scratches here. And I work in a weld shop.
    Do you use a case?
    08-17-2009 12:52 PM
    I have had the GS for well over a month and no scratches. I do not use a screen protector because I like the oleophobic screen and how easily dirt wipes off. I have used several cases and right now using a Speck Candy Shell.
    08-17-2009 01:42 PM
    I've had a 3GS since the day after launch and it has no scratches; on the screen or elsewhere.
    08-17-2009 01:59 PM
    As long as you take care of it and not put in your pockets with keys, it should not scratch.
    08-17-2009 02:01 PM
    Had it since June 23rd, throw it around everywhere with only a snap-on back case to make it look silver, no scratches at all. I've taken a key to it to show my friend how scratch-proof iPhone screens are as well. No scratches or even scuff marks. :/
    08-17-2009 02:07 PM
    Good to see a positive thread regarding the screen. no scratches here with no screen protector. The key to a flawless screen... don't put the phone in your pocket with keys!!!
    08-17-2009 02:27 PM
    Just use my pockets since the first iphone. No case or screen protector and wouldn't consider using one. No scratches ever. It's only common sense not to have keys in same pocket.

Never dropped one although i've had a few slips. But i got insurance just in case.
    08-17-2009 02:52 PM
    @Wsaund. Yes I use a case from Vaja it has a flip front that protects the face when not in use. I got the case before I got the phone so the phone has been protected since day one. I love the oleophobic screen!
    08-17-2009 02:53 PM
    I've had the 3GS without a screen protector on it, but not for all that long. Screen is flawless right now but I am a little worried and have thought about putting a screen protector on it just to be safe. I have a case on, but would rather not run the screen protector to take advantage of the oleophobic screen coating.

As soon as something happens or I see any tiny scratch a screen protector will be on there.
    08-17-2009 04:54 PM
    No screen protector, no screen scratches. I love the oleophobic screen coating and don't want to cover that up. I go back and forth re case use. Right now I have a Gizmobie skin on my phone. Sometimes I put in in a Golla bag. There are a few teeny scatches on my silver apple, but nowhere else. Got the phone shortly after launch day.
    08-17-2009 06:10 PM
    3G - No screen protector since day 1 and there was no scratches.
    3GS - No screen protector since day 1 and there are no scratches.
    08-17-2009 06:33 PM
    I'm glad to hear what everyone on this thread is saying.I love the new screen. It feels great and is easy to clean. I don't want to use a screen protector.In fact before I got the candyshell this weekend I used it naked at home and in one of various cases when out....no scratches. I put it in the candyshell and haven't wanted to take it out yet!
    I keep a screen protector on wife's 3g.
    08-17-2009 08:31 PM
    I'm glad to hear what everyone on this thread is saying.I love the new screen. It feels great and is easy to clean. I don't want to use a screen protector.In fact before I got the candyshell this weekend I used it naked at home and in one of various cases when out....no scratches. I put it in the candyshell and haven't wanted to take it out yet!
    I keep a screen protector on wife's 3g.
    I love my candyshell case, but it is a P.I.A. to get the case off though.
    08-18-2009 05:57 AM
    Not a scratch on my 32GB white beauty. I keep it in a Sena pouch cause I like the naked look of the phone when I take it out.
    08-18-2009 12:00 PM
    no scratches here. no case, no screen protector. i always carry phone in pocket by itself (have done this with all my phones) and never have a problem.

the silver apple on the back is the only thing that seems to scratch easy, but you dont really notice it.
    08-18-2009 12:46 PM
    I love my candyshell case, but it is a P.I.A. to get the case off though.
    it does a good job of protecting the phone once its on though =)

i have one on my ipod touch, and unlike my iphone, im pretty rough with it, but the case has held up beautifully.
    08-18-2009 12:47 PM
    No scratches on mine nor w/ screen protector. Only have the ifrog case on it thats it. Keep mine in a belt clip when not in use.
    08-18-2009 01:14 PM
    I've had a 3GS since launch day. No scratches. I use the Incipio Feather case to protect the back, but no screen protector. I put a screen protector on for an hour and took it off because I love the screen much better without anything on it.
    08-18-2009 01:39 PM
    Purchased on launch day, not 1 scratch on the front or the back. I alternate between using the iSkin Solo FX cases or keeping it naked. It feels like the back holds up a lot better than the 3G did, at least to me anyways.

I've never used a screen protector and never had a problem on any of my iPhones.
    08-18-2009 01:44 PM
    I don't want to jinx myself but, so far so good with my phone. even the 3g was tough! I dropped it so many times without a case and it was still working non cracked
    08-18-2009 11:25 PM
    No screen protector... my screen is perfectly fine -- no scratches.
    08-18-2009 11:27 PM
    I had it about two weeks. In my front pocket by itself (no keys,etc.).

Yes, it scratched after less than 1 week. The phone was treated very gently and barely used during that time. Luckily, the scratch is near the bottom (the black part of the phone).
    08-19-2009 10:28 PM
    No scratches here. Just a case and my toddler is even using it to play a couple of kids games I've downloaded for her.
    08-19-2009 10:36 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD