3GS and NO scratches. You?

wsaund#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
3GS and NO scratches and NO screen protector. You?

You always see NEGATIVE things posted 10x more then good thing.

Going on a couple weeks now. With NO screen protector and not a mark on it. Anyone else in good shape with the new screen?

Last edited:

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
I have had the GS for well over a month and no scratches. I do not use a screen protector because I like the oleophobic screen and how easily dirt wipes off. I have used several cases and right now using a Speck Candy Shell.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
As long as you take care of it and not put in your pockets with keys, it should not scratch.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Had it since June 23rd, throw it around everywhere with only a snap-on back case to make it look silver, no scratches at all. I've taken a key to it to show my friend how scratch-proof iPhone screens are as well. No scratches or even scuff marks. :/

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Good to see a positive thread regarding the screen. no scratches here with no screen protector. The key to a flawless screen... don't put the phone in your pocket with keys!!! ;)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Just use my pockets since the first iphone. No case or screen protector and wouldn't consider using one. No scratches ever. It's only common sense not to have keys in same pocket.

Never dropped one although i've had a few slips. But i got insurance just in case.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
@Wsaund. Yes I use a case from Vaja it has a flip front that protects the face when not in use. I got the case before I got the phone so the phone has been protected since day one. I love the oleophobic screen!

AttaQ

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
I've had the 3GS without a screen protector on it, but not for all that long. Screen is flawless right now but I am a little worried and have thought about putting a screen protector on it just to be safe. I have a case on, but would rather not run the screen protector to take advantage of the oleophobic screen coating.

As soon as something happens or I see any tiny scratch a screen protector will be on there.

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
No screen protector, no screen scratches. I love the oleophobic screen coating and don't want to cover that up. I go back and forth re case use. Right now I have a Gizmobie skin on my phone. Sometimes I put in in a Golla bag. There are a few teeny scatches on my silver apple, but nowhere else. Got the phone shortly after launch day.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
3G - No screen protector since day 1 and there was no scratches.
3GS - No screen protector since day 1 and there are no scratches.

pourme

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad to hear what everyone on this thread is saying.I love the new screen. It feels great and is easy to clean. I don't want to use a screen protector.In fact before I got the candyshell this weekend I used it naked at home and in one of various cases when out....no scratches. I put it in the candyshell and haven't wanted to take it out yet!;)
I keep a screen protector on wife's 3g.

wsaund#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad to hear what everyone on this thread is saying.I love the new screen. It feels great and is easy to clean. I don't want to use a screen protector.In fact before I got the candyshell this weekend I used it naked at home and in one of various cases when out....no scratches. I put it in the candyshell and haven't wanted to take it out yet!;)
I keep a screen protector on wife's 3g.

I love my candyshell case, but it is a P.I.A. to get the case off though.

Larzo#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Not a scratch on my 32GB white beauty. I keep it in a Sena pouch cause I like the naked look of the phone when I take it out.

aussie23454

Aug 8, 2009
Visit site
no scratches here. no case, no screen protector. i always carry phone in pocket by itself (have done this with all my phones) and never have a problem.

the silver apple on the back is the only thing that seems to scratch easy, but you dont really notice it.

rkbrown81

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
I've had a 3GS since launch day. No scratches. I use the Incipio Feather case to protect the back, but no screen protector. I put a screen protector on for an hour and took it off because I love the screen much better without anything on it.