3GS and NO scratches. You?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I scared a friend at work yesterday. He jumped and dropped his 3GS! It slid on the face, so it was sliding on the floor face down. No scatches on the screen. But the bezel took a beating.

I'm not one for violence but I would have kicked your arse.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I've been rockin my 3GS since launch with no screen protector or case. No scratches at all. I hand my phone over to people all time and never worry about it. I do use eGrips though. I have sweaty hands and the iPhone is very slippery.

Eric8199

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
So I was going naked until today. Noticed a scratch from the bezel down to the screen, but not on the screen. You can only see it in direct bright light, but that was enough for me. Thankfully the screen wasn't scratched. So I put on my anti-glare ps shield and I love it. It was SO easy to put on.

My phone did not spontaneously scratch though, it fell between the door and seat of my car last night. I think that's when it happened. Been super careful, but it got away from me there and cost me. No more chances.

pourme

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I'v had mine since launch day & no scratches...I use a candyshell when we go out and naked at home...never a screen protector

obee1

Aug 26, 2008
Visit site
The glass screen, unlike the plastic screens on most phones, is actually very hard to scratch. I didn't waste my money with a screen protector.

The plastic on the back of the phone and the bezel is another story altogether. Unfortunately, I have scratches on the back from before I realized that. Now I have a really thin case from JAVOedge that I love and nothing on the screen.

pilot1000#IM

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I accidentally scratched it somehow the first night I got it. Was playing with it for a couple of hours, and noticed a few fingerprints. Thought I would use my microfiber cloth to wipe it off. I'm assuming there must have been a piece of grit on the cloth, because shortly after, I saw a minor 1/2 in. long scratch. Now keep in mind that this is very minor, and I only see it in certain light and only with the screen off, but it does bug me because I was trying to be so careful, and I really don't want to use a screen protector. After all, I figured since the iPhone has a glass screen, and I've never even scratched the screen on my plastic screen Treos, I should be set.

Oh, well. I do use a Sena Elega case now and love it.

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
yep! same here no scratches, i had it cinse 8:13AM launch day lol, and use a speck candyshell here too(black and grey); no scratches at all, and is in my left back pocket 24/7.

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
thats funny pilot cuz i got my iPhone and used it but-t naked for a week in my back pocket(looking for a good case) and nothing, not even a hair mark on it :).

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I was not using a case for my 3G since day 1 and there's no scratches till now... But i was little scared that my iPhone will be damaged without it... So started using iPhone 3G Seidio Case before a month........ :)

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I donthave any scratches on my iPhone either. However, I Dom believe that I have wet gotten a scratch on the screen of any smartphone I have ever had. They are expensive, so it is important to me to keep them well maintained. I have never used a screen protector, but I do keep my iPhone in a case. I use the Incase slider in black. It's a hard case and it fits perfectly and is the best looking case I have seen in stores.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2