3GS and NO scratches. You?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Purchased on launch day, not 1 scratch on the front or the back. I alternate between using the iSkin Solo FX cases or keeping it naked. It feels like the back holds up a lot better than the 3G did, at least to me anyways.

I've never used a screen protector and never had a problem on any of my iPhones.

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I had it about two weeks. In my front pocket by itself (no keys,etc.).

Yes, it scratched after less than 1 week. The phone was treated very gently and barely used during that time. Luckily, the scratch is near the bottom (the black part of the phone).

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I've almost always used a Power Support Anti-Glare on the screen because I like the smooth feeling it gives.. but lately I've been rocking the screen naked with the phone in an Incase Slider or Switcheasy Rebel..

Still can't talk myself into using no case for longer than 2-3 days.. just don't want to risk the back getting scratched.

Eric8199

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
Why do you guys do this to me? I've got an invisishield on mine and I hate it. It just ruins the appearance I think. I was debating taking it off, but talked myself into keeping it on after seeing so many people complain of scratches. Now this thread, and I want to take it off again.

Has anyone removed the invisishield from at 3gs? It doesn't damage the oleophobic coating, does it? That's my biggest fear. I'm debating taking it off and getting the powersupport shield everyone is always talking about instead.

Thanks

wsaund#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
Why do you guys do this to me? I've got an invisishield on mine and I hate it. It just ruins the appearance I think. I was debating taking it off, but talked myself into keeping it on after seeing so many people complain of scratches. Now this thread, and I want to take it off again.

Has anyone removed the invisishield from at 3gs? It doesn't damage the oleophobic coating, does it? That's my biggest fear. I'm debating taking it off and getting the powersupport shield everyone is always talking about instead.

Thanks

I had the Zagg full body shield on mine for about a week. HATED IT. Turned yellowish and the edges got very dirty. Took mine off and trashed it (waste of $) Did not cause any issues with the coathing at all. Go ahead and RIP THAT SUCKA OFF. :D

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site

Thanks

TheIphoneBlog can be very informative but it is not the be all end all.. research.. get informed.. There are many sites out that can shed more light on this situation be it positive or negative with less fanboism to hamper their views. The ZAGG is nice for the first month or two then it starts to look nasty. Thanks.

Last edited:

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
No scraches, bumps, or brusies. A few smudges, but with the great oleophobic screen and a good wipe with my shirt...nothing. I've had mine a month after it came out...darn shipping and back order! I use a incase hard case and it's going strong. By far the best piece of technology I have...maybe second to my car.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I scared a friend at work yesterday. He jumped and dropped his 3GS! It slid on the face, so it was sliding on the floor face down. No scatches on the screen. But the bezel took a beating.

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
I have had screen protectors on twice since I have had my 3GS (6/27) and end up taking them off after a few days. I love the feel of the screen as is. I had a Feather on it and now have a Batwing Candyshell, but the only scratch is a little one on the Apple logo that I think was caused by something getting under the Feather case. My 17yr old daughter has a 3GS too - she hates screen protectors and hers still looks great too.

If the darn thing was just a little more "grippy" by itself, I would not even use a case!

wsaund#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
been over a month and no screen protector and still clean as day one. :)

As long as you use common sense and pay attention where you put your phone, then you should never have a problem.

Eric8199

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
So I ordered the Power Support shield and decided to replace my Invisishield. I don't really care about the back, just want to keep the glass scratch-free.

So I took off the Invisishield when my PS shields came, and decided to rock it without a screen protector for a day to see how I liked it. It's a week later now, and the PS shields are still in the original box. Still rocking it case/protector free, no scratches, and loving it. The oleophobic coating is awesome, and just putting the phone in my pocket cleans it.

I'm SUPER careful with my phone, don't let anyone (except my wife) handle it. It's always in my pocket, with nothing else in the pocket with it. I've always been extremely careful with my stuff.

Still a possibility I might put the protector on, but I just love the beautiful screen without it.

NotCrazy

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
after reading this i was convinced and took my screen protector [AKA oil collector] off.
5 minutes later i noticed a tiny scratch on the screen. and i mean TINY, it's in the very top right of the surface so not technically on the screen, and is only visible from the right angle. i wonder though if this actually happened while a screen protector was on as it is around the same spot i had a spec of... something under a screen protector for a while.

anyway since the iphone has proven to be pretty damn scratch resistant i was wondering if anyone knows what WILL scratch the screen?

there are of course diamonds but i hardly ever carry those around in my pockets anymore so it's not any issue... anything else we should avoid though?

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Had it since June 23rd, throw it around everywhere with only a snap-on back case to make it look silver, no scratches at all. I've taken a key to it to show my friend how scratch-proof iPhone screens are as well. No scratches or even scuff marks. :/

You ran a key to the screen and it didn't scratch? Are you sure about that one?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner