Can't synch iphone with computer: "Microsoft Office Document Scanning does not supp..

EKCSMAS

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
All of a sudden, today, I cannot synchronize or backup my iphone with my computer. I plug my IPhone 3g in, and a window pops up stating that "Microsoft Office Document Scanning does not support this type of device". Then, when I go to itunes, a window pops up stating that "This iphone cannot be used because the Apple Mobile Device service is not started." Please tell me how to fix this. Thanks! Michael

Reactions: Penfuins

EKCSMAS

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
Its me again. Well, I got the system to work by restarting "Apple Mobile Devise service", which had somehow been stopped. But the window at the very beginning, "Microsoft Office Document Scanning does not support this type of device" - still pops up. I click OK and at this point, I can just ignore this - as I can synch my phone... But does anyone know how to get rid of the annoying window (Microsoft.....??) Thanks! Michael

tc1522

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
Hello ekcsmas, I have the same problem. I would like to know how to get rid of this! Also, with this pop up, I am unable to download pictures taken from my I phone to my computer. Any help would be appreicate. I have a HP multi media computer. My OS is XP.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Are you using Symantec, by any chance? I get that regularly on my work computer when I plug the iPhone in to charge, and the major difference between that computer and mine at home is Symantec. I know firewalls and virus scan programs played he11 with my Windows Mobile syncing in the past.

followthebits

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Here's the answer - reset the Event action for the IPHONE

Original answer is found elsewhere in the forums but I could not post the link because of some silly rule that I have to have 10 posts before I can post a Link. So I can't point you to the person who deserves credit for the answer - sorry:

However, the answer is this:

1) Open "My Computer"
2) Right-click "Properties" on your Device ... 's iPhone
3) Events tab
4) And select the action you desire

Hope this fixes it up for you - it did me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox