Yes, my iPhone had a bit of water damage in Feb. but has worked great after drying out. Now, all of a sudden, the Temperature Warning ('iPhone needs to cool down before you can use it') is the only action I can get. It started when it wasn't really that hot, which had me concerned, then never went away after I turned it off for a while. I have tried the hard reboot and connecting to iTunes but can't get the warning to go away.

Has anyone heard of this warning getting stuck on? Is there a way to disable it? Or, is there some other way to reset the phone.

Thanks y'all.
    08-13-2009 07:06 AM
    How long has it been showing that message?
    08-13-2009 09:07 AM
    It started a week ago friday and I have tried many on/off cycles and hard reboots.
    08-13-2009 09:39 AM
    Look at the headphone Jack and the bottom where the charger goes and do you see any pink? If you don't you can probably take it to apple and they will replace it. If you have a warranty.
    08-13-2009 09:46 AM
    It did, of course, fall into a cup of tea back in February so the water damage indicator shows red. It's just that it had a few months of flawless service after drying out for a couple months. So, no, it isn't returnable.

I think my next step is to take it apart and try to clean it (with compressed air), unless there is another possibility.
    08-13-2009 10:21 AM
    After many component swaps between my phone and another 3G we determined that the motherboard is fried. When it was installed in another phone it gave the Temperature Warning.

So, does anyone have a 3G Motherboard?
    08-18-2009 08:45 AM
    After many component swaps between my phone and another 3G we determined that the motherboard is fried. When it was installed in another phone it gave the Temperature Warning.

So, does anyone have a 3G Motherboard?
    Google iphone 3g motherboard. I found a site selling 16gb for $199.
    08-18-2009 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD