On a BlackBerry, you can elect to "save" an email. That way, for example, if you've got your settings configured to only keep 2 weeks worth of email on your device, you can retain certain emails indefinitely. Another bonus is that you can quickly view all of your "saved" emails by selecting that feature in the menu.

Unless I'm missing it, there does not appear to be anything similar on the iPhone. Anybody know?

I realize there are several workarounds. I can either do the "search the server" thing, or copy&paste the desired email into a Note.

If nothing else, I'll probably go with just copying it into a Note. However, I figured I'd ask first just to make sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks in advance.
    08-12-2009 03:36 PM
    Depending on your email provider, I use mobileme - I simply use folders within my email account - folders such as Work, Personal, etc... Then I simply move them to the appropriate folder.

This is normal to me as it's the same way with exchange as well. I had a BB Bold not long ago as well and I hated that I had to save an email and I could not use folders. So I'm assuming you've had a BB for a while now.
    08-12-2009 03:42 PM
    Depending on your email provider, I use mobileme - I simply use folders within my email account - folders such as Work, Personal, etc... Then I simply move them to the appropriate folder.

This is normal to me as it's the same way with exchange as well. I had a BB Bold not long ago as well and I hated that I had to save an email and I could not use folders. So I'm assuming you've had a BB for a while now.
    I had a BB for about 6 years, and moved to iPhone about 6 months ago. Love it, and I'm never looking back. That having been said, there are *some* features of the BB that I miss.

The problem with just storing the emails in a folder is if the mail is old and you're in an area with no data access, you can't view the email. With the BB's "save" feature, it's actually stored on the device itself.
    08-12-2009 03:46 PM
    I had a BB for about 6 years, and moved to iPhone about 6 months ago. Love it, and I'm never looking back. That having been said, there are *some* features of the BB that I miss.

The problem with just storing the emails in a folder is if the mail is old and you're in an area with no data access, you can't view the email. With the BB's "save" feature, it's actually stored on the device itself.
    Actually you can view folders without any form a data connection. There is the possibility that you may not have been in a folder for a while and if you checked it without access to data a email or two might be missing since you have not viewed that folder. But you can access what has been placed in the folders. (Just tried it to make sure. Worked fine.)
    08-12-2009 03:52 PM
    There is not in the same way and there needs to be.

I found with exchange that the folders follow the same rules as the inbox for the amount of time to show emails. You can set this to unlimited across the board mobile me doesn't have an option
    08-12-2009 03:55 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

The emails in question are on an Exchange server. So, I am now thinking that I'll forward the emails to my Yahoo account, and create a "save" folder on Yahoo. That should make them available on the iPhone indefinitely, correct?
    08-12-2009 03:58 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

The emails in question are on an Exchange server. So, I am now thinking that I'll forward the emails to my Yahoo account, and create a "save" folder on Yahoo. That should make them available on the iPhone indefinitely, correct?
    You would be correct.
    08-12-2009 05:31 PM
    You would be correct.
    Thanks for your help!
    08-12-2009 05:32 PM
    Thanks for your help!
    No problem, hope you get it all worked out! (If you are using a exchange server can't you view folders on your iPhone? You should be able to.)
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 08-12-2009 at 05:36 PM.
    08-12-2009 05:34 PM
    you can go to the website to search
    08-12-2009 11:33 PM
    I have exchange and I opened my drafts fder and emails that I put in there over a year ago are still there. I also turned on airplane mode and was able to view the contents of all the emails including attachments.
    08-13-2009 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD