What would happen if I turned off my data plan? Would my phone still continue to use the Internet and i would get charged extra ?
    08-11-2009 06:47 PM
    AT&T will not allow you to turn off the data plan on your iPhone. It is "Manditory".
    08-11-2009 06:50 PM
    Can't I say Im using my old phone? Do they kno if I'm using the iphone?
    08-11-2009 07:01 PM
    No thats how they make there money back for giving you your iPhone for cheap.
    Last edited by Tramain; 08-11-2009 at 07:24 PM.
    08-11-2009 07:07 PM
    Your phone has a unique ID number known as a IMEI number. AT&T knows exactly what phone you are using at all times.
    08-11-2009 07:22 PM
    The only way you could do it is to let your current contract 2 year or 3 year or whatever expire then change the plan to one without data and Jailbreak your phone so you can turn off the 3G and Edge network. I don't know how it is in the US but here I have been doing that for probably 3 years now. I've called Fido numerous times and they have asked me if I'm using an Iphone and I say yes and they say nothing. In my case however every Iphone I've owned I've bought for full price not under contract so it was never bought from Fido so it would be stupid for them to tell me how to use my phone. I've been a customer with them for 10+ years whether that also factors in I don't know. Like I said if you do remove the data plan make sure you Jailbreak the phone and turn off the Edge and 3G. Once when I updated my firmware and my phone was not yet Jailbroken I had my emails being pushed to me because I totally forgot just for the 4 hours and 5 emails I received I paid $250 CDN for accessing the Edge network without a plan. So it ain't fun
    08-11-2009 11:11 PM
    I have my wifes treo running of her old IMEI from her Razor , and it been that way for two years now . I have always been tempted to do the same with my Iphone , but I have heard AT&T watches over the Iphone accounts alot more .
    08-14-2009 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD