Recovering Application Data after restore?

PapalosC

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, I just had a quick question regarding the data for all my apps:

I recently restored my phone and updated to 3.0.1 after jail breaking but then deciding to come clean after realizing that I wasn't really getting much out of having my phone jail broken.

I heard here on TiPB that it's best to "restore as new phone" when you're restoring your iPhone in iTunes, however, that caused me to lose all of my saved data and bookmarks and whatnot in my games and other apps.

Is there any way to restore this data without screwing up my battery life by restoring to a backup or something like that? Or would that even screw up my battery life?(I could have sword I heard it did)

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
oh! I thought since you jailbroke your Phone that you already knew how. first you connect the iphone to your computer and launch ITunes. when your phone shows up click on it and go to each tab and select what you want added to your phone. it is a painless process, very intuitive. if after you reach this point you still have questions do not hesitate to ask. let us know how your doing!

PapalosC

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Oh! So that's what you meant by re-adding. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I already know how to do that (I've actually already done that).

My question was whether or not I can recover saved games and preferences in my apps. I was able to put the apps back on my phone, but, they're all missing any saved games I used to have (as if I had just got them). For example, in Rolando 2, I lost all of the progress I had made so far, and I have to log in again on Pandora, etc. etc.

Is there any way to recover that data without restoring again to a back up?

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Oh! So that's what you meant by re-adding. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I already know how to do that (I've actually already done that).

My question was whether or not I can recover saved games and preferences in my apps. I was able to put the apps back on my phone, but, they're all missing any saved games I used to have (as if I had just got them). For example, in Rolando 2, I lost all of the progress I had made so far, and I have to log in again on Pandora, etc. etc.

Is there any way to recover that data without restoring again to a back up?

No once you restore as new your app progress is lost. I forgot about this when I restored a new.:(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2