Computer Crashed-No Backup-Need to save iPhone Data

akeddell

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
My computer crashed and I had no backup of my Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Notes and my Explorer Favorates. They are on my iPhone but I'm afraid to plug in and sync to my new itunes account on my laptop for fear that my computer data will override my iPhone data and what little I have left from my old PC will be gone. Is there a way to make sure what is on my iPhone gets transfered to my new laptop?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Also do a quick search here as this has been discussed recently, at length. There may be some info that will help you out.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
iTunes will not overwrite the data on the iPhone, unless you have the option checked to do this. When the iPhone is plugged in and you select it in the device menu, the sync page comes up with the iPhone picture and pertinent information, such as OS, etc.

If you click the info tab, at the bottom in the "advanced" section, there are check boxes to tell iTunes to replace the data on the iPhone with what is on the computer. As long as these remain unchecked, the phone should only sync one way, from the phone to the PC/Mac.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox