Hi there

Looking for an option and can't find it.

Wish list.

Select profile name and then configure sound, network, 3G, email enable/disable.

This then allows you to have profile night, where only family members calls will ring, say email sync disabled, blue tooth disbled,
    Profile CAR: with blue toothe enabled, all sounds, wifi disabled
    Profile Meeting: Ring off, wifi on, blue tooth off,

This then allows you to quickly switch between the pre configured selections.
    IE night I don't want to hear every time a email or sms is delivered but I want to know when a favourite phones me since it would say be an emergency.

Anyone if this can be done, or is on the wish list for a future OS release.

G
    08-09-2009 03:58 AM
    Sorry but there is no option fir profiles. When your in a meeting you just flip the silent switch and bam! You phone is quiet. That about it.
    08-09-2009 04:10 AM
    Hi there

Ye meeting is easy, but at night I want to hear th phone wring, i would only get emergence call's then, but dont want to hear sms's and emails arrive.

A nice idea/feature for next version, if there was someone watching here fromApple.
    G
    08-09-2009 04:18 AM
    Yeah. I agree. An easy way to switch to "night mode" would be nice. For now manually going to settings to reconfigure for night is kind of a PITA.
    08-09-2009 04:24 AM
    I'm doing the night mode atm.

Sadly this is a feature on the Nokia's Profile options each with their own settings.

Would be nice if we had this but with not jsut sound but say network, blue tooth, and email settings, so it is like night mode but also home mode and office mode.

G
    08-09-2009 04:31 AM
    I have a nice Blackberry Bold to sell, if you need the profiles function.
    08-10-2009 01:51 AM
    hmmmm :|

G
    08-10-2009 03:45 AM
    I never got the profiles based on the calendar

I am rarely in a meeting that lasts the amount of time as my meeting request says. The mute switch is much more useful.
    08-10-2009 09:51 AM
    i'm more after all the combinations,
    home/day=wifi on, sound all on,
    home/night=call ring only, no sound on sms, email,
    car=bluetoothe, all sound on, no wifi,
    office,=hmm. ye some options here

So it is no one single change/just have more options than the current...
    G
    08-10-2009 09:59 AM
    I'm doing the night mode atm.

Sadly this is a feature on the Nokia's Profile options each with their own settings.

Would be nice if we had this but with not jsut sound but say network, blue tooth, and email settings, so it is like night mode but also home mode and office mode.

G
    Apple - iPhone - Feedback
    08-10-2009 10:27 AM
    Sting,

have you psoted it to feedback, I just made an enhanchment request.

G
    08-10-2009 10:30 AM
    Take a look at [url=http://www.intelliborn.com/products.html and look their profiles app.
    11-06-2009 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD