To all those with the icon glitch

VagrantHarmonist

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
I was just curious how many have had the glitch in 3.0 where you have the wrong icon on an app. I know this has been discussed before but considering this happens every time i hard reset my phone to at least one icon and the only real solution is sitting through the 40 minute - hour long restore process, I was wondering if it was even worth calling apple and telling them or just be patient for the next update? Am I just being fussy? Any response would be welcome and if this is deemed as a repeat post, feel free to close it. Thank you for your time. :)

nickpav

May 2, 2009
Visit site
i had it when i got my 3gs. then i updated to 3.0.1 and it went away. i know it wasnt addressed in the update, but im 99% sure it went away because my phone was restored in the update process

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
i've had this issue before on my 3GS. What i did was connect the phone to itues, and unsync/remove the app from my phone through itunes and then reinstall the app. That worked and placed the right icons with the right apps. I didn't have to do a restore. Since then everything has been fine, but i am a little hesitant to do another restart b/c it may happen again. But the fix was easy, just uninstall/reinstall the app through itunes. Hope this helps.

VagrantHarmonist

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
i've had this issue before on my 3GS. What i did was connect the phone to itues, and unsync/remove the app from my phone through itunes and then reinstall the app. That worked and placed the right icons with the right apps. I didn't have to do a restore. Since then everything has been fine, but i am a little hesitant to do another restart b/c it may happen again. But the fix was easy, just uninstall/reinstall the app through itunes. Hope this helps.

awesome!! If it happens again I will definitely try that!! So much better than a restore ha ha!! U rock!

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
and unsync/remove the app from my phone through itunes and then reinstall the app. That worked and placed the right icons with the right apps.

I'll second that. I did the same thing a few weeks ago and it resolved my mixed up icons as well. No restored needed.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Had the problem last night ( and a few times before ) deleting it off the phone and resyncing ( usually ) fixes ti straight away.