Notifications question

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Okay, so I had downloaded twitteriffic, which allows for push notifications if there is a tweet from a specific person (say, from Rene). I can activate each person individually.

I activated someone, then a while later decided I didn't like twitteriffic pro as much as tweetie, and deleted it.

However, I was still receiving push notifications on my iPhone when that person posted a tweet! Even though twitteriffic was removed from my iPhone. The notifications were being sent to my iPhone as a text message.

Eventually, I had to download the app, reset the person manually from within the app, then delete the app again.

Anyone have an idea as why? (This was days later) Was there a delay in the push notification server? Were my preferences somehow set and not reset when I removed the app? Were the text messages coming from Twitteriffic and not really push messages? My guess is the latter, but it was still odd.

Chris

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
You have to go to Twitter.com > The persons page> And turn off mobile alerts were it says Device Alerts or you can go to Twitter.com>Setting>Devices>Device Alerts >Off

URPREY

Jun 3, 2008
www.URPREY.com
AFAIK, Twitterrific doesn't have push notifications? Are you using some other add-on for this? I use Boxcar with it and the settings are controlled within that app.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Okay, since I almost entirely use Tweetie, I didn't realize it was a Twitter setting, not twitteriffic.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro