Google Sync plus pictures?

sherman901

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
I have all my contacts from my Palm Pre backed up to my Google account and took my Palm Pre back and went with an iPhone again and I'm trying to get Google Sync set up. It worked and it loaded all my contacts again onto my phone so now I have duplicates. I know that's an easy fix for when I get home but I am trying to figure out how I can upload my contacts from Address Book with the pictures intact. I like having people's pictures show up when they call and my Google contacts don't have pictures next to them. How can I make this happen?

Also, is there anything I can do about setting up certain ringtones with certain people or will that setting be lost as well?

Last edited:

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
I have all my contacts from my Palm Pre backed up to my Google account and took my Palm Pre back and went with an iPhone again and I'm trying to get Google Sync set up. It worked and it loaded all my contacts again onto my phone so now I have duplicates. I know that's an easy fix for when I get home but I am trying to figure out how I can upload my contacts from Address Book with the pictures intact. I like having people's pictures show up when they call and my Google contacts don't have pictures next to them. How can I make this happen?

Also, is there anything I can do about setting up certain ringtones with certain people or will that setting be lost as well?

i can't speak to your pics transferring over. did not work for me. there is an app, however, that allows you to use your contact's facebook profile pic as their contact pic on your iPhone. i think it's called "MyPhone+". so that's an option.

but as for the individual ringtone, you can set that up. problem is you'd have to get the ringtones (same format on Pre, right? MP4? can't remember off-hand) installed on your iPhone. syncing with iTunes, it should be no problem. then go into your contacts and add those songs to the individual contacts you want them associated with.

just not sure google will let you 'carry over' any settings. i used BB before my iPhone, and used Gmail, Calendar, Contacts...and i didn't get any of my images carried over. it WOULD be great if there is a way.

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
ok ppl to get your pics in the contacts profiles you have to update the pics in the google contacts, then it will automatically sync to your device. and it will look even better. if you notice if you do this in the phone the pic will come out right in the middle of the screen with the callers name below, when the call comes in; but if you doit in google contacts the pic will come out right next to the callers name and the location(mobile, home, etc.) below the name. i think it looks better this way.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
ok ppl to get your pics in the contacts profiles you have to update the pics in the google contacts, then it will automatically sync to your device. and it will look even better. if you notice if you do this in the phone the pic will come out right in the middle of the screen with the callers name below, when the call comes in; but if you doit in google contacts the pic will come out right next to the callers name and the location(mobile, home, etc.) below the name. i think it looks better this way.

so just to be clear, you're saying that if, from the web, i add pics to their google contact (like in gmail), then that profile pic will sync onto my iPhone?

i remember an app on my BB (and i know there are pay apps that do this for iPhone too) that would sync all the facebook profile pics to your contacts. then you had pics for everyone. i liked it seeing as i have +425 contacts and have nowhere NEAR that number of photos of them all! lol

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Correct.

I know this for a face because I don't have a picture of Ren?, but after adding his gmail address to my contacts, I noticed he has a picture in my contacts on my iPhone. Surprised the youknowwhat outta me!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox