Help! I formatted my computer now can't transfer songs

denness544

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I recently had to format my computer and did not back up any of my itunes music library xml file. Now I have a fresh copy of iTunes installed and would like to connect my iPhone to transfer songs that I did not buy through iTunes to it but I can't.

What are my options? Is there a way to make this new iTunes copy authorize to work with my iPhone? I would rather not format my phone.

Thanks for any help.

denness544

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I did that and I still can't transfer my music over to my iPhone. I am able to sync my apps but cannot touch any music or video files on my iPhone. I don't buy my music from iTunes.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Odd...what have you done to try to sync your music? I take it you have put checks in the appropriate boxes on the Music Tab inside your iPhone on iTunes?

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
out of luck you should have backed up that library, the itunes i think wont save your library on the server only the apps; just get the songs again and add them to your library and sync

denness544

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Actually, I have all my songs on a NAS. So losing the songs from my iphone is not a problem. I just want to be able to use this itunes to add more songs to my iphone but it just won't let me add anything.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2