I now have an I phone with the 3 G network.
    I wish to have my outlook contact download.
    I wish to have an abilitity to use Java with internet without having this blocked by Safari. How do I add the Java component?
    I wish to have my word, powerpoints on this phone--how do I do this?
    I realize I can tether and get on the internet through this.
    Please point me to a simple document to actually make this iphone workable in the workplace.
    Sorry about the terseness, but I am have searched and am not finding the solutions.
    08-03-2009 10:18 PM
    Try google, all of that stuff (minus java) is available.

And learn how to type properly, your post gives me a headache.
    08-03-2009 10:28 PM
    when you set up your phone to synch with itunes, there is an option to have it synch your contacts with outlook. you can use the idisk application with mobile me or the DocsToGo app for downloading powerpoints and word on your phone. DocsToGo will even let you synch changes from one to the other. if you are on ATT tethering is not officially supported yet. not to sound rude, but google is a good place to start with this information, as well as the apple.com site itself. you can also search these forums and probably get most of the information that you've asked about.
    08-04-2009 02:40 AM
    try checking your bank account, email, facebook, and tipb all under a minute with another device and then ask that question again
    08-04-2009 04:32 AM
    follow directions here Apple - iPhone - Learn how to use all the features of iPhone.

Java does not exist for the iphone

there is no single document on how "to actually make this iphone workable in the workplace"

there are hundreds of configurations possible with this phone. If you have a specific question ask
    08-04-2009 08:51 AM
    I think you should sell your iPhone and buy a Motorola. With all due respect, you should have done your homework prior to the investment on an iPhone. Java sucks in mobile browsing...too heavy. iTunes sync with Outlook, mobileme syncs with outlook on a server side if you need that as well. App store has tons of apps for you to view your documents...I use google docs and it works great.
    08-04-2009 09:18 AM
    I think some users buy an Iphone and think it's a mini computer so it should do everything their laptop/desktop can do only it fits in their pocket. They forget about the iPHONE part. If you want a smaller computer buy a netbook, if you've got an iPhone understand there are limitations and try to find info on just what you need it to do.
    08-04-2009 09:29 AM
    yep you are right canadu google docs is great. google has been my best friend for the past 5 years
    08-04-2009 11:21 AM
    I don't think he bought an iPhone. One entry and joined Aug. 09 and has not responded since posting.
    08-04-2009 05:02 PM
    Probably should ask yourself why NOT keep the iPhone.

Accessibility is the key. You'll be able to do everything you ask with a little research on Google (or any other search browser) and the right app. Except for Java. Apple doesn't like Java for some reason. Not sure why, but I'm not really complaining...

Not to mention, you have your iTunes, YouTube, and all of the other FUN stuff, which is really accessible, at your finger tips. All while being able to be high, hoity toity, in the workplace...

Just saying.
    08-04-2009 05:21 PM
    Hey johnh59 I think your right he probably has a crackberry lol he is a spy ohhhhh damnnn I bet he is Korean
    08-04-2009 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD