Hi all,
    Just picked up a 1st gen Iphone unlocked and jailbroken from a mate.
    I have had a root round these forums but have a couple of noob questions hoping someone can help with.

1.) The phone is currently running 3.0 f/ware, are Apple updaes forced or can I carry on happily with the version I have - as it seems to be fine for me?

2.) Similar question regarding iTunes - can I simply keep the version I have? I haven't actualy installed any version of iTunes on the P.C yet as just got the phone a few hours ago. When I download a version will it try an update/crash/hinder the phone in any way? Sorry have actually NEVER used iTunes before

3.) Will this phone be o.k in the States? I'm based in the U.K but visit the u.S often and wondered if it will bugger up anyhow? It's currently on Orange.

4.)Lastly...Is there any sort of restore program available to backup my current config. if I knacker it some how?

Cheers
    08-02-2009 07:15 PM
    1. Apple updates are not forced on you but I would update because apple addes lots of cool and new features in the updates.
    2. No iTunes will just ask you if you want to update.
    3. Nothing will happen to your iPhone if you come to the U.S
    4. Yes you can backup your iPhone with iTunes.
    08-02-2009 07:21 PM
    Thanks bud. Regarding question 1 - Could I update with a jailbroken handset or would it need to be re-jailbroken after the update?
    08-02-2009 07:32 PM
    Thanks bud. Regarding question 1 - Could I update with a jailbroken handset or would it need to be re-jailbroken after the update?
    You would have to re-jailbreak if you update. the iPhone blog has some very good step by step guides on how to jailbreak.
    08-02-2009 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD