Good evening! I currently have an unlocked BB Curve 8310. We just moved from the US to Germany & I am using it with a pre-paid SIM on T-Mobile Deutschland. I will upgrade within the next two months to either another BB or the iPhone 3GS.

I am not a huge texter, but I'd say that there are 3-5 people that I texted regularly when I lived in the US. Three of them have BBs and two have iPhones. I can not afford to text internationally once I get my new phone. That's where Blackberry Messenger comes in and saves the day! My friends and I can BBM for "free"!

But...I think I want an iPhone (I love my iPod Touch). If I get an iPhone, is there a way to txt with my friends overseas that will not incur any additional charges? I'd hate to get my iPhone and still not be able to connect with my friends and family back home!

Thanks for any info!

~Laurie
    08-02-2009 06:11 PM
    The app store has lots of IM apps and SMS apps were you can Text and IM for free this post may help you check it out http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...ee+text+iphone
    08-02-2009 06:15 PM
    The app store has lots of IM apps and SMS apps were you can Text and IM for free this post may help you check it out http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...ee+text+iphone
    That's all you need right there.

As long as you're on a data plan you can use any of those IM clients.
    08-02-2009 07:38 PM
    I would check out IM+. You'll like that one.
    08-02-2009 07:53 PM
    as stated above, im+ and yahoo messenger are good options here .
    08-02-2009 07:56 PM
    Also you could just send an e-mail. For free and both bb and iPhone push so it is fairly instant.
    08-03-2009 02:34 AM
    TY all so much! This has been very helpful
    08-03-2009 04:55 AM
    I just transferred to an iPhone. If you are needing to use the PIM capabilities of the BB, the iPhone is a bit weak. Calendar invites, contact databases, etc. are an issue. If the sole reason for changing is the IM issue you mentioned, the iPhone is "way cool" and you will love it.
    Bill
    08-04-2009 07:34 PM
    Check out the app store man. But changing phones, not carriers, shouldn't add any extra charges.
    08-05-2009 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD