Hi all, was hoping for a little help..

I'm interested in buying a Gelaskin for my iphone as I have found a cool website with a few good ones on.

I have an iphone 3gs (amazing phone) and the skins for this model are 10. However, I found a couple of cool skins that are designed for a "1st gen iphone" that are as cheap as 3 so I'm wondering if one of those would fit on a 3gs.

I have researched the size dimensions of each model and found that a 3gs is 115.5 x 62.1, whereas the 2g is 115 x 61 - I was just wondering if anyone with experience of both phones knows if this is a noticeable size difference and therefore if the skin would be too small for the 3gs, and whether the hole for the camera would still be in the right position.

thanks,
    Liam
    08-02-2009 07:06 AM
    Hi all, was hoping for a little help..

I'm interested in buying a Gelaskin for my iphone as I have found a cool website with a few good ones on.

I have an iphone 3gs (amazing phone) and the skins for this model are 10. However, I found a couple of cool skins that are designed for a "1st gen iphone" that are as cheap as 3 so I'm wondering if one of those would fit on a 3gs.

I have researched the size dimensions of each model and found that a 3gs is 115.5 x 62.1, whereas the 2g is 115 x 61 - I was just wondering if anyone with experience of both phones knows if this is a noticeable size difference and therefore if the skin would be too small for the 3gs, and whether the hole for the camera would still be in the right position.

thanks,
    Liam
    it's not necessarily the dimensions that would throw you off, its the tapered edges of the 3G/3GS. for one, the edge juts out a smidge further on the 3G/3GS, and secondly its thinner on the sides than the iPhone Classic.
    08-02-2009 09:12 AM
    Thanks for your help.

I'm basically torn between 2 skins: one is designed for the 3GS so I know it will fit, but it is expensive, one is a lot cheaper but designed for a 2nd Gen iPhone, so I take the risk of it not lining up with the camera lens and the edges of the phone.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of these skins and/or would be able to offer advice if they think this 1.2mm of difference between the skins would matter - as obviously I would prefer the cheap one but wouldn't want it to not align properly on the phone.

Thank you.

ps. tried to post links to the images of each skin but the forum rules say I can't, seeing as I have a post count of lower than 10. Seems kinda daft - I know it's to prevent spam but... I'm not a spammer. lol
    08-02-2009 12:24 PM
    My wife has a 3GS and put a skin for a 2G on her iphone and it fit... kind of. The 2G iphone has a flat squared back where the 3G and 3GS is rounded and feels better in the hand. When she put the 2G skin on it i personally found it uncomfortable to hold but it would indeed work.
    08-02-2009 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD