When I see the Mail icon with, say 5 unread messages and launch the app, I end up 3-4 deep in the last email I was reading. I have to back out all the way to the Accounts page to figure out which account has the unread emails.

Since the Mail app does not have a consolidated Inbox (that I know of), it would be better if the Mail would show the Accounts page when launched so that I can get to my unread mail quickly. At least, that should be an option.

Is there a way to do this?

Aloke
    07-29-2009 07:59 PM
    The only way that I know of is to always back all the way out before closing mail. This is what I do and have gotten used to it. But this is the one complaint about the iPhone. I really wish there was an easier way to switch between email accounts.
    07-30-2009 12:40 AM
    Go back to the account screen before you close it. The mail runs in the background so it doesn't "reset" like other apps that always start you at a main screen.
    07-30-2009 08:32 AM
    Really? Okey dokey
    07-30-2009 09:03 AM
    Only third party apps are not allowed to run in the background.
    07-30-2009 09:45 AM
    I wish there was a quick way to go back to the accounts page from any page, like holding down on the "back" button on the top left of the screen.
    07-30-2009 06:34 PM
    I wish there was a quick way to go back to the accounts page from any page, like holding down on the "back" button on the top left of the screen.
    that would be an easy way to go back. have it glow in a different way when it's ready to go all the way back and then you let off it
    07-30-2009 06:49 PM
    There are times that I loveit when theail app opens right where I left off! I absolutely do not want the mail app to reset when I exit. I just want an easier way to switch between accounts.
    07-30-2009 07:23 PM
    There are times that I loveit when theail app opens right where I left off! I absolutely do not want the mail app to reset when I exit. I just want an easier way to switch between accounts.
    I like it sometimes when it opens when I left off but it would be nice if they added a when you swipe the top or button in takes you to account pages kinda how you open SBSetting.
    07-30-2009 07:25 PM
    That's why this would be a setting and not the only way of functioning.
    07-30-2009 10:14 PM
    Force quit the app every time. That is the only solution I know of.
    08-01-2009 01:45 AM
    Force quit the app every time. That is the only solution I know of.
    In that case, the App won't get my emails (push or timed), I presume...
    08-01-2009 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD