Non-Jailbreakers

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I had mine jailbroken, but I found it too unstable, especially with Winterboard installed.

Plus, with all the updates coming from Apple, I prefer to use those instead of waiting on a new release of YellowSnow or whatever.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I can see BOTH sides of the issue. JB or Don't JB. I think it's a matter of personal preference. If you want to live on the edge and be FREE from Corp or other controlling sources, JB. If you prefer living under other's rules and regs, Don't JB. Either way YOU the individual will be HAPPY. It's really NOT a universal issue. It comes down to PERSONAL preference. Apple, A T & T, MicroSoft and other Corps, They ALL don't like outsiders tinkering with their product. It CUTS into CORP PROFITS. Yet when I purchase their product, it's NOT A LEASE. It's PAID for...Therefore it becomes MY property, to do with what I wish. IGoSlo

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I am happy with the way my iPhone is (except I should have gone with the 32gb ver)plus like many others have said re-jailbreaking everytime an update comes out is a PITA, plus the possibility of bricking my phone have lead me to keep mine stock.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I agree chobbs1. Better than 1/2 the posts are for "HELP". That's what I thought this blog was about. Sharing ideas, mistakes, soultions, dealing with issues, gathering information in order to make Responsible and Educated decisions. I LOOK at it as an Educational Tool. Others see it as a "DUMPING hole", while others use it as a networking tool. I enjoy the Education and networking tools and info I am privvy to. MOST conversations and Posts are quite rewarding and informational. One needs to be able to SIFT through the garbage and Keep the best. IGoSlo

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I debated for a month after purchasing my first iPhone (3gs) and I must say I don't know how I used it for so long non-jailbroken. It is amazing what can be done with the phone not locked down. My phone runs great, I run SBSettings, and Bosspaper (staying away from Winterboard as I've heard it can cause battery and performance issues). I haven't felt the need to upgrade to 3.1 as I have had MMS since day one up here in Canada. I read a quote on here regarding jailbreaking and it couldn't be more true.

"Not jailbreaking is like keeping a tiger locked in a cage"

Kerti

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I had my 3GS jailbroken before, but like someone said in this thread, with all the constant updates Apple brings out for the iPhone, I'm gonna keep my iPhone at factory default until I feel I have everything I want on my phone. Either way, I buy all my apps and when I had cydia, I didn't put any themes or things like that on the phone, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Maggard

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I didn't jailbreak over the last two OS pushes, but I think as soon as a jailbreak comes live for 3.1 I'll be joining that crowd. Winterboard and an app that can hide default icons just sounds far too handy not to have.

Reasons I haven't jailbroken yet? No need to, in my opinion. Just like with my Blackberry though, it seems I've finally gotten the itch.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I did not say half the posts are "help". I said over half the "help" posts are from jailbreakers. I am using this information to make my decision.

spidermanroach

Dec 27, 2008
Visit site
I had it jailbroken at one time then went back to normal. It seemed a little slower than the "normal" stage. The only thing I really miss is the SBS settings.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I also have no issues with my iPhone. I like it the way it is. I doubt that I would ever mess with. And jailbreak for what? I don't see any benefit to doping it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal