Non-Jailbreakers

ebock

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
Only one real need

The only reson I would jailbreak would be to get the full version of GV Mobile. I ave the free dialer before it was removed. I have put the tethering hack in place and have MMS set and ready to go if AT&T will ever provision my account for MMS. I have the carrier 5.0 profile on there.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I have had no problems with my iphone except the battery life; but I don't think jailbreaking my phone will help that.
\
unless you run background apps using jailbreaking, it wont hurt your battery life... but to answer your question Jailbreaking will not help your battery life..

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
O thought this thread was for the non JB-ers to state why they choose not to jail break?? To many people that have jailbroken are on here defending their decision.

lordzod01

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
@chobbs1

you must let people here both sides of the argument. Some of the JB members are helping others understand. Some people don't know what a JB iPhone can do. Plus it makes for a better read, when you look at both sides.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
@chobbs1

you must let people here both sides of the argument. Some of the JB members are helping others understand. Some people don't know what a JB iPhone can do. Plus it makes for a better read, when you look at both sides.

So I guess, they all need to come into the jailbreak threads and tell us what fools we are. This is their space, give it to them ;)

O thought this thread was for the non JB-ers to state why they choose not to jail break?? To many people that have jailbroken are on here defending their decision.

It's not hard to see why readers might try to defend their decision to jailbreak after reading posts like this, where you are telling everyone what a bad idea it is. I got no problem with other peoples decisions with their device, more power to ya, but statements like these invite rebuttal, in particular the bolded portion of your first post....

I've read, on this site particularly, about too many people that have had problems after jailbreaking. I am not willing to mess with a good thing. My phone is fast, smooth and just works! Why should I mess with that? Give me a good reason I should jailbreak. Themes? Naw, those don't matter to me. Background? Naw, I really haven't found a need,yet, for that. Any thing else?

Here's a few reasons Apple stands where it does on jailbreaking

Crashes & instability
Malfunctioning & safety
Invasion of privacy
Exposing children to age-inappropriate content
Viruses & malware*
Inability to update software
Cellular network impact*
Piracy of developers? applications*
Instability of developers? applications*
Increased support burden*
Developer relationships
The Apple/iPhone brand*
Limitation on ability to innovate

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I jailbroke the phone within 2 hours of getting it. Backrounder makes it well worth it. I see no downside to doing it but to each their own.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I was going to jailbreak my 3g but decided not to since the 3.1 is supposed to be released on the 25th. I'm sure a jailbreak solution will be soon to follow for the 3.1.

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I had my 3GS for about 3 months and finally decided to do it about 2 days ago. I really am glad. As for cellular network impact i see none. I understand installing some packages, which is the name for apps on Cydia, could impact network stability. But I can roughly tell with my judgment which ones not to install. And using Block my Call, a spoof app that allows you to make any number you call look like its coming from any number you want it to was worth it for me. I thought it was complicated to do but i watched a youtube video for about 8 minutes and that was enough to show me it really isnt complicated at all. Definately worth it using Backgrounder, Block my call, winter board, and installous. I mean you can get any app for free.

kristinlynn#IM

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm a scaredy cat and never even did a jailbreak on my iTouch let alone my brand new shiny iPhone. Maybe I'll try it on the iTouch and if I don't screw it up, I'll try it...but I'm just afraid of what will happen if I have a problem down the road. I don't want to void my warranty or Apple Care...

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I JB both mine & my wife's 3G 3.0. So far NO major problems. Been done now about 5 months. There are a few MINOR draw backs, but none to loose sleep over. This may sound strange to some, but my reason for JB is "Because I can." I think that covers it "ALL." IGoSlo

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I have been reading this forum in particular for quite some time. Here is yet another reason, for me, to NOT jailbreak- it seems that more than half of the "help" posts are from those that have jailbroken. Now it seems that a standard troubleshooting question is....are you jailbroken?

This along with my previouse reasons is why I choose to, as this thread states, NOT jailbreak.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro