Non-Jailbreakers

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I haven't found a good reason to jailbreak my 3GS just yet. It does everything I need as is. However, I did just jailbreak my iPod Touch 2G, just to see what the process was like and to determine if it would be worth it for my 3GS.

BTW, I also come from Windows Mobile, and used to flash my devices with "3rd Party" ROMs all the time.

pjnsf#IM

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Mine was jailbroken before but I had to reset it. After the reset I just noticed that my iphone is so much faster so I decided not not re-jailbreak it. I do miss the jailbreak features.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The best thing about jailbreaking is Sbsettings, Check it out it's frigging awesome. Saves me so much battery to have quick access to my Wireless radios.

JT1990

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Before jailbreaking my 3GS, I was planning on trading it in and going back to a Bold. To be honest, I was bored very quickly by the lack of themes and customization. Now that my 3GS is jailbroken, I am in love with it and would not consider trading it for anything. I don't care about updates, they are never very usefull. I don't care about warranty, I'm getting whatever Apple comes out with next summer (4G?). My 3GS is just as fast, has no bugs, and is completely customizable. In essence, it is better than when I purchased it.

Tkvang

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Like others who've made the jump from WM, I flawed my old WinMo device all the time :) However, because of all the flashing and registry hacks, my WM phone became very unstable.

For the time being, I'm going to leave my iPhone as is, ie not jailbroken. However, in time, I'll probably jailbreak because of the allure of the Cydia Appstore ;)

dragonsgoalie

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
I've been on the hairy edge of JB-ing for a long time now. I didn't really want to while the phone was under warranty, and now that its not I'm worried I might F-it up... I downloaded the software file for JB-ing and the instructions etc., then got cold feet. I really hate how the simple things like backgrounds, sounds, icons etc are so limited/restricted on the iPhone so I'm still thinking about it.

dan_mtl

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Mostly because I just plane don't trust the 3rd parties who produce the jailbreaks. At which point will Jail Broken IPhones become a spam spewing data eating botnet? Who knows maybe never, maybe tomorrow? All I know is that if it happens to my IPhone because I hacked it it's my fault. So I can mostly sum it up to security and I'm paranoid.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I love my 3G S just as it is. I'm not sure I see a lot of app's that are a huge advantage over the native or those avail. in the app store (aside from the one that runs app's in the background). Aside from app's, skinning or theming would be the next biggest attraction, but I dig my iPhone just as it is, not quite worth the risk. At least not yet... ;)

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I've been on the hairy edge of JB-ing for a long time now. I didn't really want to while the phone was under warranty, and now that its not I'm worried I might F-it up... I downloaded the software file for JB-ing and the instructions etc., then got cold feet. I really hate how the simple things like backgrounds, sounds, icons etc are so limited/restricted on the iPhone so I'm still thinking about it.

It won't hurt to jailbreak. If you are getting cold feet then simply restore.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
The only reason i would want to jailbreak is for backgrounder, which i'm hoping apple will eventually roll out in a software revision. I'll say this the 1 thing i miss most about my blackberry was the fact that i could leave apps running in the background and not have to close everything to go to a different one.

I know most of the crackberry world hate's iphones but i think if backgroudning and mms were to finally come out in an apple software revision i bet alot of them would turn coat on the blackberry devices for an iphone. The temptation is hard to resist.

anon(1605018)

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I would love to jailbreak to get a locked screen theme and diffrent text messaging sounds (my parents/gf have iphone and its annoying that we all have the same exact sounds) BUT I do not want to void the warenty.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I would love to jailbreak to get a locked screen theme and diffrent text messaging sounds (my parents/gf have iphone and its annoying that we all have the same exact sounds) BUT I do not want to void the warenty.

You can always restore via iTunes and apple will never no.

JT1990

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreaking does not void your warranty! All you have to do is restore the phone and Apple has no way of knowing. If they ask why the phone was wiped, tell them you thought a restore might fix it. I've done this, it works.

Warranty issues are not a valid reason to avoid jailbreaking your Iphone!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Apple always suggests a restore to fix issues to begin with anyways, so if you go in with a clean phone and you tell they you already tried a fresh restore you are actually helping them ;)

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Is this thread turning into a "come to the darkside" thread? I have done a lot of reading on this site and others. I will not be jailbreaking. There are too many problems with it. In my opinion the problems out weigh the so-called benefits.

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Currently my phone is working great and does everything I need it to while being non-jailbroken. I'm sure my imagination is limited as to thinking what benefits jailbreaking could bring me, bout the only thing I would want to do that I can't do now, and don't believe I would be able to do it while jailbroken is hulu.com.

pourme

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Don't want to void my warranty.....Murphy's law follows me around...if there is trouble to follow...it Will follow me if I JB....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2