I have had a blackberry for the last few years and have got used to the push email.

I want to move to an iphone but can't find out how many non-exchange email accounts I can use with the phone. At the moment I have 2 accounts from my own email servers.

Can anyone help??
    07-28-2009 12:45 PM
    I know it only supports 1 exchange setup but I'm not sure how many non-exchange email accounts it can support.

I know I can setup at least 1 more email account and I already have one.
    07-28-2009 12:55 PM
    Hmmm...I don't think there is a limit to how many non-exchange email accounts you can have. Most I have tried is 5...
    07-28-2009 01:10 PM
    Funny, they don't say anything in the UG - so I would agree with jamesus - probably as many as you want to add for POP/IMAP. But I believe 1 is the limit for Exchange. As far as I know, the Pre is the only phone that touts the ability to support multiple Exchange accounts.
    07-28-2009 01:31 PM
    Does the iPhone support push email for non exchange or mobile me emails, or can you link your normal email to a mobile me account?
    07-28-2009 01:53 PM
    Does the iPhone support push email for non exchange or mobile me emails, or can you link your normal email to a mobile me account?
    Push is supported only if the provider supports push. You can forward your email to a Mobile Me account if you wanted push notification for a non-push enabled account.
    07-28-2009 02:26 PM
    How do you know if your provider supports push email?
    07-28-2009 02:39 PM
    How do you know if your provider supports push email?
    I would imagine their FAQ or support section would tell you.
    07-28-2009 02:46 PM
    Blackberry is (for exchange at least)
    1<->1. you can have your account on one blackberry, one blackberry per account.

exchange is many->1. one account on many devices.

you can have multiple mobileme email accounts on the same iphone as well. nobileme contacts/calendars can only sync to one mobile me account, however
    07-28-2009 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD