The signal strength at my home is very poor. I want to forward in-coming calls to my land line when I get home.

Is there an easy and quick way to do this? Or do I have to do this through Settings-> Phone and enter my number every time?

A location-based app that would do (and undo) this automatically within a 100 yards from my home would be great.
    07-28-2009 05:49 AM
    you do it in the phone. there may be a way via the webpage but that's more work.

location-based apps have to be running to do anything. you would have to keep it open and the phone on for it to work
    07-28-2009 09:32 AM
    Then we can't have any location-based application running in the background. This would be a simple app using my location (to turn on/off call forwarding) Lack of true multitasking is a real limitation.
    Maybe with background notification it may work someday?
    07-29-2009 04:36 AM
    What you have described is exactly what Google Voice is for. If you haven't already gotten an invite for a Google Voice number, go and apply for one. It gives you a number you can give out to everyone, and you determine (via the web) where it will ring. It's very clever!
    07-29-2009 11:00 AM
    What you have described is exactly what Google Voice is for. If you haven't already gotten an invite for a Google Voice number, go and apply for one. It gives you a number you can give out to everyone, and you determine (via the web) where it will ring. It's very clever!
    Too bad it only works on JB

stupid ATT
    07-29-2009 02:37 PM
    The GV app only works on JB. GV itself works on any phone. I've been using it for 2 years.
    07-29-2009 02:59 PM
    The idea is that I give my GV phone # to all and make it ring both my iPhone and my landline (thus not missing any calls)?
    07-29-2009 06:45 PM
    Hasn't GV been pulled off the AppStore?
    07-30-2009 12:04 AM
    Hasn't GV been pulled off the AppStore?
    Yes but they have a web app.
    07-30-2009 12:05 AM
    I am suprised that soo many people are still pauing for a landline in their homes. I disconnected mine three years ago and have not missed the bill. Nor have I missed the solicitation calls.
    07-30-2009 12:08 AM
    I am suprised that soo many people are still pauing for a landline in their homes. I disconnected mine three years ago and have not missed the bill. Nor have I missed the solicitation calls.
    My wife and I only have cell phones. We bought a house and my mom said "you should get a landline."

I said no. We don't miss it.
    07-30-2009 01:26 PM
    Break free of wires people! Pretty soon we will have wireless power from witricity
    07-30-2009 07:00 PM
    If I had dropped my land line, I wouldn't be with a phone service (except IP based) as I have virtually no ATT signal at home.
    07-30-2009 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD