I recently got a new iPhone 3G from apple because my previous one was misfunctioning and after the first day of using the new iPhone the Wi-Fi no longer works. No networks are picked up, the Wi-Fi option is greyed out.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any steps I can take to resolve it before taking it back to apple?
    07-27-2009 06:05 PM
    Try to do a restore from a new phone and see if that helps. That will be the first thing they do too.
    07-27-2009 06:07 PM
    Do you mean the option under Setting for Wi-Fi is greyed out? That can't be good,

I'd recommend a restore to factory settings unless someone else has a better idea. That's what Apple would eventually tell you to do anyway before you send it in to them.
    07-27-2009 06:09 PM
    I did that last night, such a pain, but even that didn't solve it. It worked on the first day, then greyed out for a week, then had Wi-Fi for 2 days before it greyed out again.
    07-27-2009 06:11 PM
    Sounds like it would be a great time to put the Apple Care into effect and just get a new phone. Does it turn grey after some settings you mess with or anything, or does it just no allow you to turn it off/on anymore?
    07-27-2009 06:12 PM
    Yeah I think i'll just have to do that, this will be my 3rd iPhone in 4 months, none of it my fault!

The Wi-Fi is completely inaccessible, just says No Wi-Fi. I can't think of what else to try!
    07-27-2009 06:15 PM
    Time for an appointment at the Genius Bar then. Best of luck, make sure you post what happens!
    07-27-2009 06:21 PM
    Had the same problem. Restoring phone did no good. I had to reset my router. My a firmware upgrade needs to be done (to the router).
    07-27-2009 06:51 PM
    Goto a Burger King parking lot and see if your Wifi works, they have free Wifi... This will show if its your iPhone or your router... Always eliminate first
    07-27-2009 11:48 PM
    Went to the Genius bar, it was swapped, no questions asked really. I asked if it was common and he said "it was, there was a faulty batch", don't waste time trying to repair, just get it swapped if it happens to you.
    07-31-2009 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD