"No Wi-Fi" bug

lonelily

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
I recently got a new iPhone 3G from apple because my previous one was misfunctioning and after the first day of using the new iPhone the Wi-Fi no longer works. No networks are picked up, the Wi-Fi option is greyed out.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any steps I can take to resolve it before taking it back to apple?

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Do you mean the option under Setting for Wi-Fi is greyed out? That can't be good, ;)

I'd recommend a restore to factory settings unless someone else has a better idea. That's what Apple would eventually tell you to do anyway before you send it in to them.

lonelily

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
I did that last night, such a pain, but even that didn't solve it. It worked on the first day, then greyed out for a week, then had Wi-Fi for 2 days before it greyed out again.

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like it would be a great time to put the Apple Care into effect and just get a new phone. Does it turn grey after some settings you mess with or anything, or does it just no allow you to turn it off/on anymore?

lonelily

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I think i'll just have to do that, this will be my 3rd iPhone in 4 months, none of it my fault!

The Wi-Fi is completely inaccessible, just says No Wi-Fi. I can't think of what else to try!

modset

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Had the same problem. Restoring phone did no good. I had to reset my router. My a firmware upgrade needs to be done (to the router).

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Goto a Burger King parking lot and see if your Wifi works, they have free Wifi... This will show if its your iPhone or your router... Always eliminate first

lonelily

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
Went to the Genius bar, it was swapped, no questions asked really. I asked if it was common and he said "it was, there was a faulty batch", don't waste time trying to repair, just get it swapped if it happens to you.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods