iPhone OS 4.0 Mockup!

UTVOL06

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
@utvol06
they are not doing to take away support for the 3G. They are still selling the damn thing, and they continued to support the 2G 2 years after it's release so why not the 3G? It will continue to be supported until 2011, maybe even 2012 because they are still selling it now.

As for the scaling resolutions, apple has always made separate files for every different hardware, so no it won't be difficult to do 2 resolutions, because really the frmware on each device is not the same.

I also don't think apple is going to change the screen size. It would become quite difficult to use with one hand, and that's not something apple wants to happen. Most people do not want a behemoth phone/media player.

I was hoping Apple would continue support for even the 2G to keep old customers happy.

As far as the screen size. The bottom and top black parts of the screen that are unused could easily allow for a larger screen fitting on the same iPhone 3G size device. They could move the home button to the side of the device and earpiece up a little higher. You could easily get 3.8 to 4.0".

Even if they come up with a new design a 3.8" screen would still allow you to touch any part of the screen with the same ease as now. I had a Touch HD with a 3.8" screen the same form factor size as the iPhone. 3.5" is just too small when too many other winmobile devices are coming out with 3.8 to 4.0" size screens with beautiful OLED displays.

The iPhone is an entertainment device first and foremost and a phone 2nd. Just look at the new 10" iTablet coming out..its basically an over sized iTouch.

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Yes touching the search bar would bring up the keyboard, but the finder would be a different application alltogether. Finder would be an actual file system from which you could select a file and actually do an action with it instead of just tapping it. For example you could select a document you've stored on the phone and open it with an application of your choosing, similar to the way it works on a computer. By finder I mean actually being able to create folders, store files on the phone like a harddisk, transfer files via bluetooth and wifi, send files in mms and email, etc. etc.. @_@

Why can't one search do that all that?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@utvol06
it doesnt matter if the device is the same size. I have large hands and often when I try to use the phone with one hand I have to constantly change my grip, almost dropping it every time..

I really don't see the need for a larger screen, I think 3.5" is the sweet spot.

h4rk

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
It's pretty sweet, I would make the 3G/wifi/etc. toggles hide unless you needed them but other than that, I like the new look, it's good stuff

UTVOL06

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
@utvol06
it doesnt matter if the device is the same size. I have large hands and often when I try to use the phone with one hand I have to constantly change my grip, almost dropping it every time..

I really don't see the need for a larger screen, I think 3.5" is the sweet spot.

If the resolution gets bumped up everything else gets smaller..increasing the screen size will only help and make for a better entertainment device. I promise going from 3.5" to 3.8" won't make a difference with hand position.

In the end sacrificing hand position is worth it for more screen real estate. It makes things a lot easier to view.

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
If the resolution gets bumped up everything else gets smaller..increasing the screen size will only help and make for a better entertainment device. I promise going from 3.5" to 3.8" won't make a difference with hand position.

In the end sacrificing hand position is worth it for more screen real estate. It makes things a lot easier to view.
Personally I think some people would really appreciate that but I doubt that apple is going to do it.

There's not a lot of pressure in the mobile industry to do anything like that. The only thing I'd like to be bigger is the width of the screen but only because it'd be nice to have a smaller area between the chrome and the screen, like how it was on the first generation iPhone.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Yeah ! Finder! I've been begging for them to add a finder. Geez. I'm sick of keeping documents in my email, which can eventually loose the information over a period of time.

I like the top part, only if It's a " recent " app section. Apple could use a polished version of this.

UTVOL06

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Personally I think some people would really appreciate that but I doubt that apple is going to do it.

There's not a lot of pressure in the mobile industry to do anything like that. The only thing I'd like to be bigger is the width of the screen but only because it'd be nice to have a smaller area between the chrome and the screen, like how it was on the first generation iPhone.

The iPhone's display needs a major upgrade. It's behind in resolution and color gamut. There has been no change in the screen since the 2G and the appearance has not changed since the 3G. No one can tell a difference between the 3G or 3GS. In order for Apple to increase sales big time they have to make the 2010 iPhone different looking and offer some serious upgrades over the 3G and 3GS.

I could make do with 3.5" but the screen resolution and hardware need an major overhaul. OLED technology will give us better battery life and more vibrant colors with better blacks. resolution needs to be at least 720x480, which is why I say we need a larger screen to accommodate the increased resolution so things wont be so small browsing the internet. Using the Touch HD and Touch pro2 winmo devices at 800x480 res 3.6" screen is as small as you want to go. The web browser in the winmo devices at these resolutions are not legible until you zoom in.

Here is a size comparison of the iPhone 3GS 3.5" and HTC Touch HD 3.8" screen:
2j3qgs9.png

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal