If the resolution gets bumped up everything else gets smaller..increasing the screen size will only help and make for a better entertainment device. I promise going from 3.5" to 3.8" won't make a difference with hand position.

In the end sacrificing hand position is worth it for more screen real estate. It makes things a lot easier to view.
    Personally I think some people would really appreciate that but I doubt that apple is going to do it.

There's not a lot of pressure in the mobile industry to do anything like that. The only thing I'd like to be bigger is the width of the screen but only because it'd be nice to have a smaller area between the chrome and the screen, like how it was on the first generation iPhone.
    07-29-2009 04:44 PM
    Really cool idea.
    I would really like a new notification system, personally.
    07-30-2009 12:25 AM
    Really cool idea.
    I would really like a new notification system, personally.
    http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...-os-4-0-a.html
    07-30-2009 12:33 AM
    Yeah ! Finder! I've been begging for them to add a finder. Geez. I'm sick of keeping documents in my email, which can eventually loose the information over a period of time.

I like the top part, only if It's a " recent " app section. Apple could use a polished version of this.
    07-30-2009 09:16 AM
    Personally I think some people would really appreciate that but I doubt that apple is going to do it.

There's not a lot of pressure in the mobile industry to do anything like that. The only thing I'd like to be bigger is the width of the screen but only because it'd be nice to have a smaller area between the chrome and the screen, like how it was on the first generation iPhone.
    The iPhone's display needs a major upgrade. It's behind in resolution and color gamut. There has been no change in the screen since the 2G and the appearance has not changed since the 3G. No one can tell a difference between the 3G or 3GS. In order for Apple to increase sales big time they have to make the 2010 iPhone different looking and offer some serious upgrades over the 3G and 3GS.

I could make do with 3.5" but the screen resolution and hardware need an major overhaul. OLED technology will give us better battery life and more vibrant colors with better blacks. resolution needs to be at least 720x480, which is why I say we need a larger screen to accommodate the increased resolution so things wont be so small browsing the internet. Using the Touch HD and Touch pro2 winmo devices at 800x480 res 3.6" screen is as small as you want to go. The web browser in the winmo devices at these resolutions are not legible until you zoom in.

Here is a size comparison of the iPhone 3GS 3.5" and HTC Touch HD 3.8" screen:
    Last edited by UTVOL06; 07-30-2009 at 10:15 AM.
    07-30-2009 10:02 AM
    Great job! Apple should hire you.
    08-14-2009 02:53 PM
    Nice mockup! I'd buy it
    08-15-2009 01:54 AM
    Thanks ..
    08-15-2009 10:25 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD