Proof 3G screen is better than 3GS..

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
I have been afraid of the screen issue but so far so good! Never had a screen protector on my first or second gen's but i might this time...even if there isnt a difference all these posts about it make me nervous...i mean this bad-boys gotta last me a year!

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Look, if you are complaining about how 3GS is not a big upgrade and the screen is delicate and dust gets underneath it, then there is a very simple solution- DON'T GET THE 3GS. KEEP YOUR 3G OR BUY A 3G.

Problem solved.

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Look, if you are complaining about how 3GS is not a big upgrade and the screen is delicate and dust gets underneath it, then there is a very simple solution- DON'T GET THE 3GS. KEEP YOUR 3G OR BUY A 3G.

Problem solved.

I couldn't have said it any better...

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
The ultimate solution to the screen issue is to find an oleophobic screen protector: A plastic film that can protect the iPhone screen (whether you need it or not) and have the same smudge-proof ability as the 3Gs screen.

Best of both worlds for a small investment for the belt and suspenders types.

Is there such a screen protector?

Rock48nj

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I made the mistake of not searching for a post on this so created a new one, but I will add on here.. I had a 3G, never used a screen protector until I found the power support crystal, definitely did not treat it as gingerly as my 3Gs and never had a scratch. After 3 weeks, 2 without a protector I have just noticed one fairly significant scratch and a few other smaller less noticeable ones after removing the film for close inspection.

The phone went from the store into a case but I just did not have the time to put on the crystal film until about a week and a half later. Never dropped or carried in a pocket with keys and now has scratches... one of which is noticeable. Whats the point of a smudge/oil resistant screen if its so delicate that you need to put on a screen protector the minute you begin to use the phone. It seems like there are enough instances where this is happening without significant use/abuse that its an issue with some phones.

Unchewable

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
another question is did you scratch the screen or the coating i havent heard anyone addressing this maybe the coating will wear off and it will not look scratched

Rock48nj

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I would assume coating right? but how am I to tell, the one that is bothering me you can actually feel..but its tough to really tell if its the screen or coating. I can't think of a time i was handling anything so sharp or hard that would cause this, but who knows. I certainly was not walking around with diamonds or sand in my pocket.

wsaund#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
I've never dropped the 3GS, it's been babied, kid gloves on. That's what kills me, the ease of just how easy it did.

Sorry but how can you say you baby it when you said

".. dropped, kicked all over the place.. " I mean.. WHO IN THE HECK IS KICKING THEIR PHONE???

about your other 3G phone. History would suggest that you do the same.

I have had mine for a while and not a mark on it and NO screen protector.

Also if you did the same thing (that caused the scratch) to your other phone who is to say it wouldn't happen.

You are jumping way to quick in to this to say 3G screen is better and 3GS screen sucks with out REAL proof (bad photo does not count). The coating is less then .5 mm. I seriously doubt that is what scratched. For all we know it a piece of dried cheese on their.

Last edited:

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
My 3G had a scratch on the screen in the first week. Then I bought a screen protector. Got one off the bat for my 3Gs.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry, but if you google for scratched iPhone, you'll find all sorts of 3G, 2G and 3GS horror stories. It's simply a numbers game, and people that had a scratch on their phone were at the @ss end of the odds.

My first ( and defective 3GS ) scratched while in my pocket by itself. My co-worker has dropped his a few times, throws in the same pocket with his keys, and his screen looks brand new. Some people will scratch their screen. Period. That's ALL that has been proved.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
I don't care about the oleophobic screen at all. Since I always used screen protectors, it never mattered to me, I'm just saying, I had a 3G and got a scratch on the screen in the first week. Then went right out and got a screen protector to save myself from getting any more. With my 3Gs, I got a screen protector on day 1, coating or not.

Now, stop being a whiney baby. Your screen is scratched. Boo hoo. Get over it. Lesson learned. If you have such a problem with it, go make an appointment with one of Apple's geniuses and complain to them. When I scratched my 3G, it was my fault. Lesson learned. Got a screen protector. End of story. Sheesh.

wsaund#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
blah blah blah .........

What are you....12? Stop acting like a child. Be a man / woman (what ever you are) and act like an ADULT and admit you screwed up and dropped your phone. Life goes on.

I know I've personally known 30 other 3g and 2g owners without one glass incident but in the end it is me.

30 people exactley? not 29 or 31? No phone is indestructible.

I've said my peace now we can all move on.
Promise :D

wsaund#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
I have a question genius.. have you even READ this thread in its entirety? :confused::rolleyes:

once again you proved my point. Don't need to read the whole thread to see you acting childish. Some people don't agree with you and you act out like a child. Go to Apple and see if they will do anything for you, instead of jumping at everyone because you don't like what they said.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro