I would assume coating right? but how am I to tell, the one that is bothering me you can actually feel..but its tough to really tell if its the screen or coating. I can't think of a time i was handling anything so sharp or hard that would cause this, but who knows. I certainly was not walking around with diamonds or sand in my pocket.
    08-14-2009 07:02 PM
    I've never dropped the 3GS, it's been babied, kid gloves on. That's what kills me, the ease of just how easy it did.
    Sorry but how can you say you baby it when you said

".. dropped, kicked all over the place.. " I mean.. WHO IN THE HECK IS KICKING THEIR PHONE???

about your other 3G phone. History would suggest that you do the same.

I have had mine for a while and not a mark on it and NO screen protector.

Also if you did the same thing (that caused the scratch) to your other phone who is to say it wouldn't happen.

You are jumping way to quick in to this to say 3G screen is better and 3GS screen sucks with out REAL proof (bad photo does not count). The coating is less then .5 mm. I seriously doubt that is what scratched. For all we know it a piece of dried cheese on their.
    Last edited by wsaund; 08-16-2009 at 02:19 PM.
    08-16-2009 01:38 PM
    My 3G had a scratch on the screen in the first week. Then I bought a screen protector. Got one off the bat for my 3Gs.
    08-16-2009 02:53 PM
    I'm sorry, but if you google for scratched iPhone, you'll find all sorts of 3G, 2G and 3GS horror stories. It's simply a numbers game, and people that had a scratch on their phone were at the @ss end of the odds.

My first ( and defective 3GS ) scratched while in my pocket by itself. My co-worker has dropped his a few times, throws in the same pocket with his keys, and his screen looks brand new. Some people will scratch their screen. Period. That's ALL that has been proved.
    08-16-2009 10:19 PM
    I don't care about the oleophobic screen at all. Since I always used screen protectors, it never mattered to me, I'm just saying, I had a 3G and got a scratch on the screen in the first week. Then went right out and got a screen protector to save myself from getting any more. With my 3Gs, I got a screen protector on day 1, coating or not.

Now, stop being a whiney baby. Your screen is scratched. Boo hoo. Get over it. Lesson learned. If you have such a problem with it, go make an appointment with one of Apple's geniuses and complain to them. When I scratched my 3G, it was my fault. Lesson learned. Got a screen protector. End of story. Sheesh.
    08-16-2009 10:45 PM
    Yeah you got to have a screen protector .
    08-17-2009 10:33 AM
    blah blah blah .........
    What are you....12? Stop acting like a child. Be a man / woman (what ever you are) and act like an ADULT and admit you screwed up and dropped your phone. Life goes on.

I know I've personally known 30 other 3g and 2g owners without one glass incident but in the end it is me.
    30 people exactley? not 29 or 31? No phone is indestructible.

I've said my peace now we can all move on.
    Promise
    08-17-2009 10:42 AM
    I have a question genius.. have you even READ this thread in its entirety?
    once again you proved my point. Don't need to read the whole thread to see you acting childish. Some people don't agree with you and you act out like a child. Go to Apple and see if they will do anything for you, instead of jumping at everyone because you don't like what they said.
    Last edited by wsaund; 08-17-2009 at 12:21 PM.
    08-17-2009 12:03 PM
    ......not even worth my time. Good luck to you
    Last edited by wsaund; 08-17-2009 at 05:27 PM.
    08-17-2009 05:22 PM
    After reading this ENTIRE thread, I am under the belief that it is your abrasive personality that is scratching your 3GS
    08-18-2009 03:45 PM
    After reading this ENTIRE thread, I am under the belief that it is your abrasive personality that is scratching your 3GS
    hahahaha. Now that's funny. Hahaha
    08-18-2009 11:08 PM
    Good one @pilotnh.
    08-19-2009 08:36 AM
    I've been following this thread for a while, and I do agree with many of the others, you're kind of being a baby about this subject. So what if you know 30 people who've not scratched their screen. Fact of the matter is it can happen. If you want to ensure it doesn't, or at least dramatically reduce your chances, then get a screen protector. It pretty simple really. If you have further complaints, then tell Apple about it. Take it up with them. Sue them or something. Jeez, just stop ranting like a 5 year old who dropped their ice cream.
    08-19-2009 11:44 PM
    I've been following this thread for a while, and I do agree with many of the others, you're kind of being a baby about this subject. So what if you know 30 people who've not scratched their screen. Fact of the matter is it can happen. If you want to ensure it doesn't, or at least dramatically reduce your chances, then get a screen protector. It pretty simple really. If you have further complaints, then tell Apple about it. Take it up with them. Sue them or something. Jeez, just stop ranting like a 5 year old who dropped their ice cream.
    Last edited by wsaund; 08-20-2009 at 09:08 AM.
    08-20-2009 09:02 AM
    I love the screen of 3GS...
    08-22-2009 06:58 AM
    Yeah Entertainment, you sure are whining a lot on here. And I did read the whole thread. Unfortunately I won't get those few minutes of my life back.

Anyway, as has been stated here, glass can scratch. Period. Want to protect it, put a screen protector on. Don't want to? Deal with the potential consequence. Pretty simple.

All you need is a little sand on your hand or in your pocket. Instant scratch. It doesn't take much. Glass is more resistant to scratches, but it's not scratch proof. Now quit whining.
    08-22-2009 08:53 PM
    i have the 3g and i can safely say without a doubt that the 3GS is way better (sooooo jealous)
    08-26-2009 10:31 PM
    If the coating does scratch easier. And if the coating Is supposed to wear off over time, then..so will your scratch!!! Hooray! No more problem!
    08-27-2009 12:07 AM
    So don't put my 3Gs in a blender with a set of razor blades, keys, and a plastic army toy?
    08-27-2009 02:01 AM
    If the coating does scratch easier. And if the coating Is supposed to wear off over time, then..so will your scratch!!! Hooray! No more problem!

would make a great fortune cookie... hehe
    08-27-2009 02:02 AM
    I recently decased mine, because I ordered the power support shields. Got them two days ago, but still haven't put them on. I love this screen. Debating just keeping it naked and being careful.
    08-27-2009 07:53 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD