What would you like to see in OS 4.0?

What do you want to see in OS 4.0?

• Complete OS Overhaul (new styling)

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • New Notification System

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • More Complete iPod App (Playlist creation with naming, proper smart playlists)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Mobile Finder (An actual file system! Holy balls!)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • File Transfer Via Bluetooth

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Unlock iPhone 3G S's Ability To Record HD Video

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Access to 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc via a Shortcut Menu From Any App

• Full Multi-Tasking with Mobile Expose/Spaces

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Facial Recognition in Photos App, Tied to FaceBook Like iPhoto '09

• None of the above.

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Is there anything you'd really like to see in the iPhone OS but you don't feel like it will be implemented during 3.0?

I'm hoping that OS 4.0 is going to be a complete overhaul. I'm gonna admit that WebOS is very attractive even though I don't feel that it's as functional as the iPhone OS. I envy WebOS's extreme sexiness.

Of all the things I've listen in this poll, I really want everything on the list.

EDIT: If you want everything on the list check "Complete OS Overhaul".
I wish I could edit the poll to reflect this but I can't.. -.-

Last edited:

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
You can probably message a mod and they will change it for you. And if they do change it for you tell them to put on when you can vote more than once.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I'd rather have people only vote once. lmao.. XD It'd be more reflective of what the community wants as a whole.

Yeah, I like this too. Force you to pick one. I went with notifications, although it was a tough choice between that and background apps. I honestly think we will see background apps before a new notification system though.

sawf

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I want the mobile expose. I want to just glance at my iPhone and see how many e-mails, messages, missed calls I have or the calendar, weather, appointments, etc. Just like jailbreakers can.

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
A better, more interactive lock-screen (I'm currently using IntelliScreen & love it) & the ability to run more than one app at a time & switch between them or access other apps a lot more easily.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
A better, more interactive lock-screen (I'm currently using IntelliScreen & love it) & the ability to run more than one app at a time & switch between them or access other apps a lot more easily.

I don't really understand the need for information on the lockscreen. The screen shuts off after like 5 seconds if you dont touch it so I don't see the point of putting info there. But hey it'd still be nice for Apple to decide we're ready and give us a damn choice either way :p

Shangraham

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I voted new notification system. I'd like to be able to control all sound alerts. It drives me crazy that I can't set my own text alerts. Or that there isn't better text alert choices.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Notification System then Multitasking for me.

I want some kind of flashing, repeatedly beeping/vibrating when I miss a call/voicemail/sms/email ( all configurable please, not all or nothing ). I want something on my lock screen to give me an idea of what it is I've missed so I can decide to ignore it longer or deal with it.

Multitasking with a slick interface would be nice. To leave apps running, but not necessarily active, so that I can swap between ones that I use regularly ( browser, sms, twitter for example ) and not have to bounce back to the home screen each time would be...in one word....amazing.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Notification system. WebOS and Android have a good notification system. I like how the G1 shows them as well. I think Apple will probably adopt the G1's method before the Pre's.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Make votes public! I want to see those who haven't responded, but voted. I usually start eliminating votes from that alone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73