Mobile Safari needs a full screen option

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Forgive me but what do you mean by full screen? Do you mean getting rid of the top and bottom grey bars? If so, no way! This provide me with options and info while browsing and take up very little real estate.

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I actually enjoyed the Pre's browser quite a bit and it supplanted the bottom bar with buttons. Even though the screen is smaller the browsing felt more accessible.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
I wouldn't mind an option on the settings. I've tried some of the full screen browsers, they've always lacked certain features. A big one is defaulting back to a preset webpage on startup. This wouldn't be a problem is backgrounding were allowed but...

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
BTW. Those of you who have never tried a full screen browser on your iPhone you should try it at least once. It's amazing how big of a difference a few extra picsels makes when viewing web pages.

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
it also needs a scroll option, its really annoying when you scroll all the way to the bottom of a page and then have to scroll back up for the menu options

rkbrown81

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
Scroll back up? Are you referring to Safari or other web browsers? In Safari you just tap the status bar, or the time, at the top of the screen and it pulls you all the way to the top without any scrolling. I'm not sure about the other browsers because I've never used them.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Scroll back up? Are you referring to Safari or other web browsers? In Safari you just tap the status bar, or the time, at the top of the screen and it pulls you all the way to the top without any scrolling. I'm not sure about the other browsers because I've never used them.

I found this one too recently. Works for me so far in Wikipanion, Safari and Contacts. Very nice in apps like wikipanion and safari which are very long and the search is only at the top

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
For even more desktop like experience.

If it's an option. It's just that, an option. You may chose not to use it but I would.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner