Your iPhone Hardware - Perfect or Defective?

Defective or Perfect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Well my current iPhone 3G (just got as replacement 2 weeks ago) is perfect right now. But I had others that were not.

First original iPhone (from launch) - Battery would not fully charge, replaced by Apple.
Second original iPhone (got 1 week after launch) - Had a single stuck pixel that could not black or dark colors, had for a year Apple would not replace it.

First iPhone 3G (from launch) - A few months after I got it the sleep/wake button started sinking into the body. Last month it sunk some more and was pretty much flush with the top. It also started heating up while charging after the 3.0 update, just replaced 2 weeks ago.

Second (current) iPhone 3G - 2 weeks old, can't tell if new or refurb. Appears perfect right now.

My take from this, don't get launch units.

bjblyth

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
My first iPhone 3G was perfect, no troubles at all. My first 3GS had a dodgy headphone socket, but Apple swapped it immediately. My second (and current) 3GS is perfect and has twice as good battery life as my first 3GS, so I got a lemon first time around!

jesikae2009

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Perfect!!!

I picked my iphone 3gs 32gb black on launch day and it has been perfect every since! One might call it love at first sight! This is my first iphone ever although I have a MacBook Pro & Mac Pro quad core. I am coming from the Verizon BB Storm (a painful experience), Curve, Pearl, 8820, 8830 etc...

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3G 8GB...for now....and works perfectly.

I did have to send in for repairs because the mic went out on my original, but i think it may have been me letting kids in my youth group play with the ocarina app. Mouth moisture and all.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I voted perfect but this is about my 3G I purchased last year through AT&T Direct Order Fulfillment. I believe I received it in July. It does, however, have a single stuck pixel near the middle of the screen that no one seems to detect but me. I only discovered it months after I purchased it and it used to bother me immensely, now it doesn't. :p

mcswan

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
Mine's a software hiccup, but since it has been unchanged through several OS upgrades, I can only guess it's hardware flaw somewhere.

My iPod function of my 3G has never been able to remember where I leave off when listening to songs. Sometimes it can't even retain its place for 20 minutes of doing other things but listening to music.

Seriously irritating when I enjoy listening to audiobooks and have to actually write down the timestamp when I quit listening so I can fast forward to it next time.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Mine's a software hiccup, but since it has been unchanged through several OS upgrades, I can only guess it's hardware flaw somewhere.

My iPod function of my 3G has never been able to remember where I leave off when listening to songs. Sometimes it can't even retain its place for 20 minutes of doing other things but listening to music.

Seriously irritating when I enjoy listening to audiobooks and have to actually write down the timestamp when I quit listening so I can fast forward to it next time.

Not good! I'd exchange that iPhone on that reason alone...

h4rk

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm still rocking an iPhone 3G, I'm too cheap to buy out my contract as much as I'd love a 3GS. I bought mine on 7/11/08, 3G day one. I had a hairline crack in mine for a couple of months and took it back in Jan or Feb. I've had the same one since. I was also too cheap to buy AppleCare so I'm out of warranty now and I have noticed a new hairline crack by the ring/silent switch so here's to hoping it holds up until I can get iPhone hardware 4.0! I've had no other problems and I love my iPhone 3G!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2