Your iPhone Hardware - Perfect or Defective?

Defective or Perfect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

madmak

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I had dust (3-4 tiny specs) under the glass of my 3GS and Apple replaced it with a new phone. I voted defective because of that - the new one is perfect so far

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
So this morning I remembered the one tiny thing that frustrates me :mad: LOL but I still call perfect :D On my 1st gen when I'm talking or leaving a message I want to hang up and the screen turns off. No amount of shaking or the home button brings it back on. I've left very lengthy messages just because I couldn't hang up. As soon as I hang up the screen turns on LOL Now I'm having the same problem with my 3G grrrrrrr

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
well after being on my 4th(the first 3 had hardware issue according to apple and they replaced), I was having dust under the screen issue sine the screen was not sealed well on the right side. Took it to apple and they replaced the screen. Now it is sealed very wall all around and not duest now. I think Im getting to the point where I think I have a solid iphone. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I really like the hardware of the phone. It is the only phone that I have ever had that really feels solid. I haven't any issues with the buttons or anything else. So far I am completely satisfied.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
my first 3g was a little bit unperfect. it had a gasket that was coming thru on the glass and almost seemed like the glass was on crooked. it also had a backlight issue where right before going to sleep, the screen would flicker. 1 week later apple replaced it, and i have been good to go since june with my new one. it is perfect no problems at all! (except for what the case caused!:eek:)

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Who really cares. This is a quality product with a company that stands behind its warranty. The system protects the data. The worst thing that can happen to you is that you replace the hardware. Not a big deal.

JustSquared

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Mine is fine here as well. I experienced an issue with the Home button now responding however it seems to be have fixed itself and working with no issues now.

Here's hoping it stays that way! :)

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Well damn. The screen on my iPhone 3G that just got replaced last month is on the fritz. Seems that the bottom half won't work. The top part does, but I can't touch anything on the bottom half of the screen.

Got an appointment with the Genius Bar on Monday in Norfolk.:mad:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Audio loses fidelity at 75~100% volume. Is this because the 3GS's speaker is louder than the 3G's? Or should I send it in and get a new one?

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Mine is nearly perfect, except for the dead pixel on the screen. Doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it. It happens. I will just wait till next june when I get my new iPhone

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Mine is nearly perfect, except for the dead pixel on the screen. Doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it. It happens. I will just wait till next june when I get my new iPhone

My 3GS is still flawless. However, on my 2G, I did have a screen replaced when the home button stopped working.

That said, phones are consumables. The first one I ever had was the size and weight of a brick. I cannot begin to count how many I have had since then.

Stuff happens to anything. Lots of stuff happens to anything one uses as much as an iPhone. I expect to get a new one every year or so in any case. The value of an iPhone is not in the hardware.

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
why is it that some people say "oh I voted perfect, EVEN THOUGH i have a problem with blah blah blah"

its either 100% perfect or not. skews the poll don't you think?

in my case, my iphone is perfect. no problems, excellent battery

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Knocking on wood, this time around, the gf and I both got perfect 3GS'es. When the 3G iPhones came out, we both got cursed with ones that had hairline cracks (both white). This time we both have white again, and no cracks so far. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods