View Poll Results: Defective or Perfect?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect

80 84.21%
  • Defective

15 15.79%
    I'm not sure I would even know I had a dead pixel... is there a dead pixel test?
    Usually dead pixels are black or white. You can go into a dark room with an all black background... you'll see it if you have one.
    07-23-2009 01:10 PM
    Perfect. No issues whatsoever, some minor scratches, but hey it's a phone.
    07-23-2009 01:32 PM
    Well my current iPhone 3G (just got as replacement 2 weeks ago) is perfect right now. But I had others that were not.

First original iPhone (from launch) - Battery would not fully charge, replaced by Apple.
    Second original iPhone (got 1 week after launch) - Had a single stuck pixel that could not black or dark colors, had for a year Apple would not replace it.

First iPhone 3G (from launch) - A few months after I got it the sleep/wake button started sinking into the body. Last month it sunk some more and was pretty much flush with the top. It also started heating up while charging after the 3.0 update, just replaced 2 weeks ago.

Second (current) iPhone 3G - 2 weeks old, can't tell if new or refurb. Appears perfect right now.

My take from this, don't get launch units.
    07-23-2009 01:54 PM
    I never had any problems with my previous used 3Gs either.
    07-23-2009 03:36 PM
    My first 3GS had a dead pixel, but Apple gladly replaced it with a perfect one!
    Ok. I take it back. I just discovered a crack forming by the silent switch. Time to go back to Apple for 3GS #3.
    07-23-2009 03:55 PM
    My first iPhone 3G was perfect, no troubles at all. My first 3GS had a dodgy headphone socket, but Apple swapped it immediately. My second (and current) 3GS is perfect and has twice as good battery life as my first 3GS, so I got a lemon first time around!
    07-23-2009 05:04 PM
    I picked my iphone 3gs 32gb black on launch day and it has been perfect every since! One might call it love at first sight! This is my first iphone ever although I have a MacBook Pro & Mac Pro quad core. I am coming from the Verizon BB Storm (a painful experience), Curve, Pearl, 8820, 8830 etc...
    07-23-2009 05:43 PM
    iPhone 3G 8GB...for now....and works perfectly.

I did have to send in for repairs because the mic went out on my original, but i think it may have been me letting kids in my youth group play with the ocarina app. Mouth moisture and all.
    07-23-2009 05:59 PM
    I have some scratches on the screen (very tiny only I can see them) but lots on the back. I have to say defective.
    07-23-2009 06:14 PM
    I voted perfect but this is about my 3G I purchased last year through AT&T Direct Order Fulfillment. I believe I received it in July. It does, however, have a single stuck pixel near the middle of the screen that no one seems to detect but me. I only discovered it months after I purchased it and it used to bother me immensely, now it doesn't.
    07-23-2009 06:20 PM
    Mine's a software hiccup, but since it has been unchanged through several OS upgrades, I can only guess it's hardware flaw somewhere.

My iPod function of my 3G has never been able to remember where I leave off when listening to songs. Sometimes it can't even retain its place for 20 minutes of doing other things but listening to music.

Seriously irritating when I enjoy listening to audiobooks and have to actually write down the timestamp when I quit listening so I can fast forward to it next time.
    07-23-2009 06:29 PM
    Mine's a software hiccup, but since it has been unchanged through several OS upgrades, I can only guess it's hardware flaw somewhere.

My iPod function of my 3G has never been able to remember where I leave off when listening to songs. Sometimes it can't even retain its place for 20 minutes of doing other things but listening to music.

Seriously irritating when I enjoy listening to audiobooks and have to actually write down the timestamp when I quit listening so I can fast forward to it next time.
    Not good! I'd exchange that iPhone on that reason alone...
    07-23-2009 06:31 PM
    Not good! I'd exchange that iPhone on that reason alone...
    Well, I've dealt with it for about a year now. I can hold out till upgrade time. But, believe me, if my 3GS does it too, I shall be taking it in!
    07-23-2009 06:45 PM
    I'm still rocking an iPhone 3G, I'm too cheap to buy out my contract as much as I'd love a 3GS. I bought mine on 7/11/08, 3G day one. I had a hairline crack in mine for a couple of months and took it back in Jan or Feb. I've had the same one since. I was also too cheap to buy AppleCare so I'm out of warranty now and I have noticed a new hairline crack by the ring/silent switch so here's to hoping it holds up until I can get iPhone hardware 4.0! I've had no other problems and I love my iPhone 3G!
    07-23-2009 10:39 PM
    I have some scratches on the screen (very tiny only I can see them) but lots on the back. I have to say defective.
    You put them there...
    07-24-2009 12:42 AM
    I had dust (3-4 tiny specs) under the glass of my 3GS and Apple replaced it with a new phone. I voted defective because of that - the new one is perfect so far
    07-24-2009 01:24 AM
    Perfect so far!
    07-24-2009 09:13 AM
    So this morning I remembered the one tiny thing that frustrates me LOL but I still call perfect On my 1st gen when I'm talking or leaving a message I want to hang up and the screen turns off. No amount of shaking or the home button brings it back on. I've left very lengthy messages just because I couldn't hang up. As soon as I hang up the screen turns on LOL Now I'm having the same problem with my 3G grrrrrrr
    07-25-2009 10:07 AM
    well after being on my 4th(the first 3 had hardware issue according to apple and they replaced), I was having dust under the screen issue sine the screen was not sealed well on the right side. Took it to apple and they replaced the screen. Now it is sealed very wall all around and not duest now. I think Im getting to the point where I think I have a solid iphone. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    07-27-2009 02:17 PM
    No problems with my 3GS
    07-27-2009 08:45 PM
    Im hoping mine is 100% fine.. the battery goes down pretty quick just in standby it seems (3GS)
    07-28-2009 01:02 AM
    I really like the hardware of the phone. It is the only phone that I have ever had that really feels solid. I haven't any issues with the buttons or anything else. So far I am completely satisfied.
    10-09-2009 09:30 AM
    Still perfect.
    10-09-2009 09:11 PM
    I've not had any hardware issues to date, with my previous 3G or my 3GS.
    10-09-2009 10:38 PM
    my first 3g was a little bit unperfect. it had a gasket that was coming thru on the glass and almost seemed like the glass was on crooked. it also had a backlight issue where right before going to sleep, the screen would flicker. 1 week later apple replaced it, and i have been good to go since june with my new one. it is perfect no problems at all! (except for what the case caused!)
    10-10-2009 12:25 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD