How far will they go...

anakim

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Check this out...

Refering to the BBC NEWS website - see headline
China iPhone man commits suicide

Did he jump or was he pushed?

Amazing that Apple considers beating employees not a serious abuse.

Hey Apple employees do you consider beating employees not a serious abuse?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
He was an employee of Foxconn, not Apple. Still a shame though, supposedly he lost one of the 4th gen. iPhone prototypes he was responsible for sending direct to Apple HQ.

Also, there is no link for your story.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Guys, if you can't find the BBC News website without links, you're in trouble. Besides, it's now also on the front page of TiPB...you can find that without a link, right?

donblay

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
I think what they meant is that there should be a link to the actual story and not just the being told its BBC's website; which i agree. I think they know very well how to find the BBC's site. If someone is going to talk about a story they should at least reference it directly. Come tomorrow it probably won't be on the BBC's front page (or TiPB's for that matter) and this post will make even less sense. Also in both cases the users knew about the story already, the were just letting the original poster know that it would be more useful for others who are not already aware of the story and who are not currently on the BBC's site before the next big story hits to have a link.
Now about the story, as sting7k noted it was not even an Apple employee, rather a employee of a company that Apple just does business with. So to say Apple does not consider beating sever based on that is a bit overly-sensationalist it think. It is pretty tragic the Foxconn treats their employees like that.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Word, donblay.

But I'll still bust out my favorite Jay (and silent bob) quote of all time.
"What the F*** is the internet?"

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
That was his first post so he can't post links, so don't give him a hard time about that. He still stated his source.

It's sad that this guy died.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
back on topic...this is a very sad story. Apple was not involved and their press release was an appropriate response, in my opinion. stories like these remind me of how good it is here in America. we like to complain about this and that but overall we have it pretty darn good.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Of course, we also don't have the work ethic here that you find in Asia. People make huge mistakes and shrug. There should be a middle ground between a shrug and a suicide.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
back on topic...this is a very sad story. Apple was not involved and their press release was an appropriate response, in my opinion. stories like these remind me of how good it is here in America. we like to complain about this and that but overall we have it pretty darn good.

If you look up "perfect" in the dictionary, you'll find that example.

2 Thumps Up!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73