What Ever Happened To Addresses Taking You To Maps ?

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I remember seeing addresses being able to send you directly to maps as a feature for 3.0 . What ever Happened to that ?

They should do the same for dates and times to open up in Calender to create new appointments. These are features on Macs that they should bring to the iPhone because it will make things a lot easier.

It doesn't work in text messages or on the internet...

Last edited:

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
The best part is how the LOCATION line in calendar won't take you to maps either.

nice one, apple.

But notes is smart and recognizes addresses. Too bad I have never typed an address in notes.

baseballkyle

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
I have to agree this is a huge oversight on Apple's part. Seriously how hard could it possibly be to fix this? Ridiculous. Getting the PDA side of the smartphone right is assumed - Palm did it 15 years ago.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Palm is only 17 years old, founded 1992. They didn't even release their first Palm Pilot model until after they were acquired by US Robotics in 1995.

The Palm III everyone thinks of is from 1998 and the popular m-series is from 2000.

I think you're imagining a situation which never happened.

Last edited:

baseballkyle

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok whatever. You get what many have been saying. Its not too much to ask for Apple to get basic PDA crap right. This is the THIRD iteration of the iPhone. And its not a complicated matter. And, yes, Palm did get the vast majority of the PDA stuff dead right out of the box way back when.

Does it really matter if its 11 years or 15 years? NO. Bottom line is its inexcusable that in 2009 we are having to wait for Apple to freaking allow us to have linked addresses (when Maps is part of the phone's dna).

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ok whatever. You get what many have been saying. Its not too much to ask for Apple to get basic PDA crap right. This is the THIRD iteration of the iPhone. And its not a complicated matter. And, yes, Palm did get the vast majority of the PDA stuff dead right out of the box way back when.

Does it really matter if its 11 years or 15 years? NO. Bottom line is its inexcusable that in 2009 we are having to wait for Apple to freaking allow us to have linked addresses (when Maps is part of the phone's dna).

Palm only did the PDA stuff way back then. Keep that in mind.

jkeith133

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
maybe it'll be fixed with 3.1

I wish there was some word on when 3.1 will be released. With all the problems associated 3.0 I can't believe that some basic features aren't available and that so many things have become broken or unavailable on my phone. I wouldn't ever get rid of my iPhone but I just can't imagine that such an update would result in such problems.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73