I got my phone replaced today and the first thing i thought about was reorganizing my applications. I synced my phone from recent back up and it actually took me a minute to realize that everything was back in place. Usually when I restore from back up , I'm 90% sure that the apps are not back in their previous spot with OS 2.x

I just wanted to post this to see if anyone has noticed the same thing. If restoring from back up Already restores the apps back into their original spots , sorry about this post.

Something a little interesting : I technically got my phone replaced TWICE today. The orginal replacement was broken as well. It kept bringing up the " slide to shut down " screen when ever I would open the phone. Then the phone I'm using now is fine ( for now ).
    Last edited by OmariJames; 07-17-2009 at 01:39 AM.
    07-17-2009 01:14 AM
    You're right. I did a wipe and restore and it did the same for me. I think that makes things alot easier.
    07-17-2009 01:33 AM
    This is rad.
    Such a pain when they would be all scattered after restoring from a back up.
    07-17-2009 02:31 AM
    I agree. I was first pissed when I jailbroke my phone because I realized that all my apps were still there but that they were all out of place. I dreaded having to restore my phone. My 3gs wasn't like this. The 3.0 must have fixed this and it now keeps the apps in the same position. I love this.
    07-18-2009 08:44 AM
    I also noticed. I just my 3G replaced and restored from backup. After the restore only the default apps and safari links where there but they were spread over the pages I had them on. After a sync then all apps were right back where I had them.
    07-18-2009 10:36 AM
    I noticed too. I restored my phone and saw that only the default apps were there. I was a little mad until I synced my apps and they were all in the right order. I'm glad 3.0 does that.
    07-18-2009 01:41 PM
    It also remembers the order of your apps if you turned on parental controls then turned them back off. I always let a little boy at work play games and what not with my iPod Touch and would hate that when I turned off YouTube, Safari, and other apps I would have to put them back in place, now when I turn the parental controls off they just pop back into place. Love it!
    07-18-2009 05:28 PM
    Not only that but I noticed that it also remembers information from those apps.
    For example , I have Rolando 2 and I can just start playing it like i never restored the phone.

I feel like just about everything in 3.0 is how the original iPhone should be like. That's why I don't even notice these things until I remember how annoying it was to start over in other games.
    07-18-2009 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD