iphone 2g on 3.0 no edge keeps searching

Blackstev08

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Ok I've been trying to figure this out for the past 4 days....and I'm almost at the point where I'm gunna throw my iphone as far and as hard as I can lol

I've been unlocking phones for a long time now, so I'm not some noob that doesn't know anything. ;)

So I decided to upgrade to the new 3.0 on my 2g using redsn0w.
I downloaded everything needed:
-redsn0w-win_0.7.1
-iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
-bl 3.9
-bl 4.6

I went through the whole process and added cydia and unlocked the phone.

My problem is that the phone will connect to tmobile for a little while, then it will start disconnect and start searching. It eventually connects back to tmobile again, but then disconnects after a while.

I spent about 2 hours on the phone with tmobile troubleshooting everything, and couldn't figure out what was wrong. The rep was saying that I was connected to voice, but that it wasn't connecting me to data for some reason. So I took out my sim card and put it in my dash and it immediately connected to the voice and data network. After that I tried putting it back into the iphone and once again it wouldn't connect to data.

I can make outbound calls on my phone, but can't recieve inbound calls (it rings on their end, but the phone never shows that I have a call coming in)

Someone please help, because I feel like I'm about to go crazy!!!!:mad:
The only thing I have seen people do is get a new sim card from tmobile.....but I don't see how that would be the problem for me if it works in my dash fine :confused:

Last edited:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Maybe the kind folk at the jaibreak section of this site can help. It sounds as simple as getting a new simcard.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
You already said you connected instantly with a different card. So it does sound that easy. But then again, I know absolutely nothing bout jb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice