my photos are missing

falken

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I took about 400 vacation pics on my iphone but when I got back to check them there were less than 50 on the camera roll. what happened? Are they hidden somewhere or did it not really take the pics? how could it let me take all those pics and not save them? There was plenty of space availible so how could this happen? Ok well if it actually took the pics is there any way to recover them?

I have the original iphone:

DCIM 100-3 pics 101-empty 102-empty 103-empty 104-47 pics

CScott@ATT

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
i just got home from a family reunion and took about 100 photos. as i go to upload them, i see that there are no pics on my phone at all. i took a test pic and resprung and thats when i lost the test pic. i have a 3G jailbroken with 3.0 firmware with redsn0w. are they hidden or lost forever?

falken

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
just an update....I took a couple more pics but the camera does not work at all. the shutter opens and closes as if it's taking a pic but nothing goes into the camera roll. I'm pretty sure I can't recover pics it never really took but how can I get this camera woring again?

CScott@ATT

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
just an update....I took a couple more pics but the camera does not work at all. the shutter opens and closes as if it's taking a pic but nothing goes into the camera roll. I'm pretty sure I can't recover pics it never really took but how can I get this camera woring again?

is your phone jailbroken? and what software are you running?

CScott@ATT

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
ok, so after researching and not being able to find any answers on whether the pics i had taken were lost forever or just hidden. well, i ended up restoring my phone and re-jailbreaking it and now my camera works fine and my pics save and are accessable at any time now. but as for my previously taken photos, i still have no idea...