Hello,

I'd like to know if there is a hack or utility app that can setup the phone so that the display stays always-on while the phone is attached to external power. So, the only time it turns the screen off automatically (and locks) is when you're on battery.

An example when this would be useful is when in a vehicle using the phone for GPS functions.

Ideas?
    07-13-2009 01:45 AM
    jsut head into your settings then general. put auto lock on never. i love it that way. great for gps and downloading!
    07-13-2009 02:05 AM
    Well I understand that function, but then it won't auto-lock when on battery, which would likely drain the battery if it was not manually locked, correct?
    07-13-2009 02:08 AM
    oh ok I'm sorry. but yea you would have to lock it. i have mine set up that way and i really love it. i am not aware of a program that would do what you want but i never looked so it could be out there. sorry i was not able to help you out though.
    07-13-2009 02:20 AM
    Thanks... this new iPhone 3GS isn't actually mine. I'm a Windows Mobile junkie (HTC Touch Pro, which I love), and all Windows Mobile devices have separate settings for battery and external power. I'm kind of shocked the iPhone doesn't.

They'll probably add it in iPhone OS 4 and call it "revolutionary".

Hopefully someone's got a hack somewhere...
    07-13-2009 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD