I have a 3G iphone that I backed up on iTunes and then installed OS 3.0. I tried to restore from the back up but it refused to giving me the error message 14. Additionally my phone is locked and I am unable to use it except to make emergency calls.

P.S. It's unlocked!
    07-12-2009 07:12 PM
    If you had jailbroken/unlocked and performed an install of 3.0 your phone may be messed up. It's usually a good idea to restore to legit iPhone software before installing a new update, at least that's what I did back when I jailbroke mine. I don't really know what else to tell you because I'm not really an expert on jailbreaking. Sorry!
    07-12-2009 11:55 PM
    Could I use an legit AT&T SIM card to boot up the iPhone, and then re jailbreak the iPhone? Also, what about my backed up data?
    07-13-2009 11:33 AM
    You don't need a SIM card to boot the phone, jailbreak or unlock.

It sounds like you had the same problem that I had when I upgraded my 3G. What I did was restore to a like-new phone, then I didn't have any problems. If you are getting the screen with the USB cable on it, then it just needs to be synced with iTunes for activation. This took a few tries with my 3G as the Apple servers were really busy at the time. I wish you luck though. If all else fails, call Apple support, they'll probably have to up and going in no time (or at least under two hours).
    07-13-2009 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD