• Nah, I am used to other methods

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Maybe, depends on the extra charges,etc

Votes: 16 13.1%

• Total voters

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Email is best! The picture quality is better. I receive it instantly and I don't have a limit on how many I can send. My freinds enjoy telling me that my fancy smancy phone can't receive mms until I say send it in an email. Then they shut up. If they have email on the crap phone it is too difficult to use so they won't.
Of course I'll use it if/when it's available. But for the most part I prefer email. Mms is the wave of the PAST.

I'm with you, trust me, BUT most of the people that used to send me photos all the time stopped doing it when I gave them my email address to send the pictures. I think they just thought it was a hassle to get out of the habit of selecting my phone number and choosing my email address instead, especially when sending group MMS. I can actually understand that. Usually you just type the person's name in and choose them but if you have to go the extra step to navigate and find their email address, that's an extra step most people won't be willing to do.

And the really weird thing? I NEVER used MMS on my other phones that were capable of doing it. Now that I've had MMS enabled on my 3G since the 3.0 beta phase, I'm freakin using it all the time! I swear my friends and family are tired of me sending them photos, probably because they don't have an unlimited messaging plan like I do! :D

UTVOL06

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Im really ready for MMS..i have friends and family constantly sending me mms photos.:mad: Some don't have email on their phones.

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I'd definitely use MMS. It's a pain to type in all of the information for the MMS email address to the various carriers. I've only stored that for the people that I send MMS to often. Otherwise, I don't send MMS. I post them to my MobileMe gallery and let people go there to look at the pictures.

I'm not understanding what's taking AT&T so long to get MMS for the iPhone.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Email is best! The picture quality is better.

This is only true if you copy the photo by tapping and holding the photo, selecting copy, then paste it into the email. If you select the share option in your photo library and then choose email from the pop up...it compresses the photo just as much if not more than it does in the mms app.

I tested this during the 3.0 beta phase when I had mms functioning, email actually sent a smaller file size than mms.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
LOL, guess I am just making this up.

Emailed Photo - 206KB
MMS Chose existing photo - 418KB
MMS Take Photo - 372KB

Those were the results I got in beta 2 or 3. They may have refined the compression a bit more in the final release, not sure, but that's what it was. I emailed and mms'd to my me.com email address.The only reason I even did it was because I would have some photos refuse to send when mms + take photo.

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Considering MMS services will not cost you anything extra, I find it hard to believe I won't take advantage of this feature.

However, I find it FAR easier to just upload a pic to TwitPic or facebook and then ALL my friends can view it at their leasure without pushing some incredibly annoying picture to their phone. What do I need to send anyway? SOme picture of my dog? SO lame.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Alright, lets not get into an argument over something so silly. I was just basing my statement on the idea that MMS is technology made for handling multimedia file on phones that were running on 2G (pre EDGE).

One thing I didn't think about is that maybe the iPhone MMS will be capable of sending higher res pictures to the at&t MMS server and since you MMS direct to your email it didn't get compressed more, but if you were sending to another non iPhone it might have to. It might even been compressed down at at&t server if coming back to another iPhone? Maybe the reason for the MMS delay is they are planning on sending higher res between iPhone to iPhone MMS which is a different setup than what they have for all the other phones?

Like I said before we will all know for sure soon enough, hopefully in the next 6-8 weeks.

anon(1605018)

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I can wait for MMS, ive had it on other phones for years and I bearly ever used it. I maybe sent like 30 a year, ill just be happy if my battery gets better. Its maybe the worst/second worse battery ive ever had.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Also... MMS being sent can only have a max of 500kbs. Email doesn't have that limit. Not sure what happened in the test, but I know whether it's copied into email or using the "share" method, it should have more kbs by email than MMS.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
You got me there:eek: I admit I was already making an assumption. It was not baseless, though. I have had phones that could do MMS and the pics were never very good. But emailed pics have Always been better. I am unable to verify that with the iPhone as of yet. But until then I will withold judgement and be a bit more careful as to what I post. Thank you for pointing that out!:confused:

CoryJP

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
ATT says theres no additional fees.. does that mean no fees when they setup MMS on the iPhone or no fees when we send out MMS picture messages to friends and family?

alex6speed

Jul 14, 2009
www.6crew.com
I personally went with exclusively e-mailing as "texting". Most of the people I'm in contact with have smartphones with e-mail, so it makes things a whole lot easier. This is especially true with mobileme. With my wife also on my account with an iPhone, I can't fathom the thought of paying an extra $30 for unlimited text on top of the $120 I'm currently paying.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I personally went with exclusively e-mailing as "texting". Most of the people I'm in contact with have smartphones with e-mail, so it makes things a whole lot easier. This is especially true with mobileme. With my wife also on my account with an iPhone, I can't fathom the thought of paying an extra $30 for unlimited text on top of the $120 I'm currently paying.

Hand me one of the oars, cause Im in the same boat :D

I think that AT&T will not charge a fee for setting up MMS but will charge some kind of a fee for MMS, just to &^$& with us .

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73