View Poll Results: Do you think MMS will be in 3.1?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

58 77.33%
  • No

17 22.67%
    it should be out with 3.1, I would be surprised if it wasn't...
    08-10-2009 08:44 PM
    It's funny, people talk about MMS putting a strain on the network, even though it's nothing compared to surfing the web, and I keep hearing about how everyone just e-mails pics, as if e-mail uses no data.

I wouldn't be surprised if by New Years we still don't have MMS.
    I no longer care about it, but I will be surprised if we do.
    08-11-2009 10:57 AM
    I no longer care about it, but I will be surprised if we do.
    I thought you were leaving AT&T and the iPhone?
    08-11-2009 11:41 AM
    I thought you were leaving AT&T and the iPhone?
    And that is why I no longer care. Actually, I never cared about MMS per se. What bugged me was that AT&T offered services to the users of phones where AT&T did not have an exclusive while denying them to iPhone users on whom they thought that they had a lock.
    Last edited by whmurray; 08-11-2009 at 12:52 PM.
    08-11-2009 12:39 PM
    whmurray, I'm assuming reading comprehension isn't your strongest point... so maybe I'll take baby steps for you.

I hope you're still with me... "Part 2" states that upper management (around the COO level of the wireless side & above, meaning up to CEO of AT&T as a whole) knew, but they aren't the ones who provision. The ones who did could not have been told prior to the announcement date or risk a leak.

I know this as I am a manager for our business group. We received an email about it only an hour after I knew from the keynote. We and the 99.5% of AT&T never know until it's officially announced.

We also, even me had to take an online course agreeing to secrecy no matter what we've found out prior to any announcement.

I could care less if you blame them for being a pile of whatever (very classy btw). You know only what you see on blogs and believe you know everything; nowadays that means you know everything :o. Just wanted to set it straight with MMS.

The other companies didn't do what AT&T did... first off they don't have that many subscribers. AT&T has the most iPhone subscribers of any carrier abroad. No other carrier within the US can have as many subscribers on iPhones. AT&T did as good a job as they can.

Why are we bringing SlingPlayer in to the convo? We are talking about MMS. Is that the only way you could get any type of leverage? Please enlighten me as I failed to see what the blocking of SP (as you said) has anything to do with 3.0. It also sounds like you're writing just to write. SlingPlayer is not blocked, it's only able to stream through wifi (without jailbreaking/hacking the phone). I'm assuming you don't own your own business and if you do, you're probably looking at filing a chapter 7.

You bought an iPhone (if you started from 2G, even worse) knowing that there wasn't any MMS and then when the announcement came saying later this summer, you get mad because other carriers have it and AT&T doesn't? Come on, now you sound like my little sister when we were younger... "Mom he has more than me, that's not fair." It doesn't sound bright if you know the shortcomings (according to you) of a device and then complain about it (for the wrong reasons and against the wrong company) not being available.

You sound like an Anti-AT&T person anyways and I don't expect you to even read this, comprehend what I said and then take a chill pill, so do me a favor.

Take a long walk on a short pier...
    Perhaps I finally get it (the little nuns always said that I was a slow learner). Are you telling us that your problem is the controls that you have in place to discriminate in services based upon the phone that the subscriber is using, controls that other carriers do not have because they treat all GSM phones the same? Is that your problem?

(Incidentally, I thought that the GSM agreement required all carriers to treat all GSM compliant phones the same.)
    08-11-2009 01:02 PM
    How is it not AT&Ts fault?

Its not like Apple kept MMS a secret from the carriers.

How is it that every other carrier was prepared but not AT&T?
    Well, Duvi would now have us believe that Apple only told the top brass at AT&T, that, because of their NDA with Apple, it was kept from the worker-bees until it was too late. Obviously that is Apple's fault?
    08-11-2009 03:59 PM
    All of this banter about who's fault it is that MMS has been delayed has been beaten to death in other threads previously.

Thread closed...
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 08-11-2009 at 06:39 PM.
    08-11-2009 04:11 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD