Hi all! I've had my white iPhone 3G since about November and am still covered by the warranty until september or something.
    I wanted to ask whether or not I should go in to try to get my phone replaced, as well as whether or not my phone has legitimate issues.

1. Small cracks on the case, near hold switch, camera hole and bezel. (white iphone)
    2. Light bleeding through side of iphone front. i.e. The border between the class and the metal bezel has a long line where light leaks.
    3. Light bleeding from the back. In a dark setting, you notice this a lot, especially if the screen is brighter
    4. 2-3 stuck/dead pixels. One smack dab in the middle, the other 2 nearer the bottom. They've been this way since purchase.
    5. Twice I had problems with the touchscreen. It's fine now, but this small area in the middle of the touchscreen wasn't registering touches at all. Restarting solved the issue.
    6. Glass is raised above bezel on one side of the phone.

If you guys could give me any feedback at all that would be great!
    07-08-2009 04:37 PM
    These sound like problems from dropping it and apple will NOT replace it if it looks like your phone was dropped.
    07-08-2009 06:27 PM
    Yeah, except all of these issues (except the hairline cracks that don't look like they came from a drop-i never drop my phone) were there from day 1. I thought they were pretty normal/acceptable until looking around the net where some people were talking about getting theirs replaced by complaining about these flaws.
    07-09-2009 05:32 PM
    Make an appointment with a genius. They'll probably replace it.
    07-09-2009 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD