Do you think they plan to expand its capabilities? I'd like to see it start text messages. The calling feature works nice. The voice control is nice, but needs some work in my opinion.
    07-08-2009 01:39 PM
    oh definitly... The blackberry has speak and text .. voice control will probably come out with an update allowing more options and commands HOPEFULLY in update 3.1
    07-08-2009 01:53 PM
    The one thing about voice control I don't like, is the fact that it won't control Podcasts. All of my music are podcasts, so it's quite annoying when it says "no music found"
    07-08-2009 02:20 PM
    I think the biggest thing about VC is the fact that at least for me it won't work alot of the time. I'll say " Play Michael Jackson. " It'll say.. " Playing Usher. " LoL But it works fine with Google.
    07-09-2009 11:43 AM
    I think the biggest thing about VC is the fact that at least for me it won't work alot of the time. I'll say " Play Michael Jackson. " It'll say.. " Playing Usher. " LoL But it works fine with Google.
    I had trouble with that too and started saying "play artist ......RA The Rugged Man" and it is now accurate almost 100% of the time.
    If what they say is true and BT VC gets added in 3.1 I will be very happy.
    07-09-2009 01:20 PM
    The "play artist..." trick works! but what if i want to play a particular song? Say something like "Black Hole Sun" from Soundgarden? that isn't working out to well. my phone keeps saying "Playing Paul Simon" lol anyone know what I should say in order for it to recognize songs by title rather than artist?
    07-10-2009 12:38 AM
    I wouldn't mind voice control on other areas as well especially with an included voice to text feature for text messages. So while driving, I can launch a txt message app, voice to text dictation of my message and then send confirmation all while driving.
    07-10-2009 09:16 AM
    The "play artist..." trick works! but what if i want to play a particular song? Say something like "Black Hole Sun" from Soundgarden? that isn't working out to well. my phone keeps saying "Playing Paul Simon" lol anyone know what I should say in order for it to recognize songs by title rather than artist?
    iPhone 3GS: Tips and Tricks when using Voice Control

For music playback

* You can play all songs in an album, playlist, or by an artist. iPhone 3GS will not recognize commands to play a particular song.
    * If you can't get iPhone to recognize the album or artist name, try telling it to play a particular playlist.
    * If an artist has "The" in the name, make sure you say it.

Hope that helps.
    07-10-2009 09:37 AM
    that just confirms my problem. It will not recognize individual songs. that is a total bummer
    07-10-2009 10:21 AM
    I'd REALLY like to have a VC feature where you can tell it to play a certain song or album.

Example: "Play song 'Island in the Sun' by Weezer"
    or, "Play album 'Thriller' By Michael Jackson"
    07-10-2009 11:00 AM
    I love VC....my bigest problen with it is I forget to use it!...HA!
    08-03-2009 11:46 PM
    I will be using it a lot more after the next version gives us bluetooth voice control.
    08-04-2009 12:15 AM
    Yeah that should be nice. Some stereo bluetooth headset having a geeky text chitchat it's all I need
    08-04-2009 05:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD